Lost TB's

Alzamina & Jake

How often do TB's go missing?? My 7 year old son released one which was a horse brass which went from lincs to Derbyshire then vanished - he is gutted as heavy horses ar every special to us and he wanted to track it for a school project.

Do TB'sregularly disappear?Is there any way tofind then again (other than mailing everone who has visted the cahce it was last seen in??)

Thanks

Yes TBs go missing all the time. They can be gown for months then suddenly show up in a cache. Or they can be gown for good. Any number of things can happen. A cache they end up in can be muggled or destroyed. Someone could pick up the TB and not log it. Then they can drop it in a new cache without logging it. Or a cacher may pick it up and keep it not really knowing about trackable items.

I have a lost travelbug out there. I dropped one in a local cache in September 2006 and it was picked up 2 days later. It made its way to Georgia then to Tennessee, and after that, hasn't been seen since January 2007. Cool that it got out of state, but would like to see it again. I've got some travelbug tags I need to use. I have an idea for a travelbug, but just can't find the right item to use for it.

RedStickHam

it is reassuring to know that others go missing as well. Ours had only gone 1 jump when it vanished. I tried contacting the peoplewho had visited since it was dropped but only 1 replied. Very annoying as I try and look after other peoples TBs and hoped others would be the same.

Will try again soon

I plan to do the same. I haven't contacted the geocacher who had it last, so I don't know what happened to it. At least it made it out of state, maybe my next one will do better.

RedStickHam

My success rate has not been great. 18 of 44 are in 'unknown'. (I'm still trying to figure out where I put five of mine...) Several more that are very probably missing. Some have done quite well!

But, to be honest, I would not be releasing any more, except that my sister doesn't know what else to get me for Christmas! So, six more going out this year sometime!

Guess with travel bugs, I have the luck of the dolphin. Of nine on my profile, 2 are in my possession (vehicle tags), 2 are in caches, and 5 are in places unknown. Two of these are known to have been in the hands of new cachers, one was in a muggled/destroyed cache, and two I suspect were just not logged correctly then lost.