merging two cachers PQs

Plasma Boy

I have a caching buddy (PM) who I cache with a lot, but we also cache separately. When we get together now to pick cache locations, we end up with sort of a baseball card exchange. I suggest one area, he says got it. He suggests an area and I say got it.

Is there any way for us to merge our cache PQs (just for statistical purposes) so that our common unfond caches could be displayed? If not this might be a feature that could be useful to cachers.

If you think this is an assinine request, just ignore this thread. If there is a way already (GSAK ?)existing, then I would be interested?

The data is licensed to a single user account.

The agreement that we all agreed to prior to getting Pocket Query data spells this out.

http://www.geocaching.com/software/agreement.aspx

...This is a license agreement, and not an agreement for sale, between the end user (Licensee) and Groundspeak, Inc. (Groundspeak),

...Groundspeak and its licensor(s) retain exclusive ownership of the copy of the Data and Related Materials licensed under this Agreement and, hereby, grant to Licensee a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Data

...Permitted Uses:

• Licensee may install the Data or portions of the Data onto a global positioning system unit ["GPS"] for Licensee's own internal use.

• Licensee may modify the Data and merge other data sets with the Data for Licensee's own internal use. The portions of the Data merged with other data sets will continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

Uses Not Permitted:

• Licensee shall not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign, time-share, or transfer, in whole or in part, or provide access to the Data, Related Materials, any updates, or Licensee's rights under this Agreement to any third party whatsoever.

Licensee shall not remarket, resell, and/or redistribute the Data or any derived portion(s) of the Data in its digital form to any third party whatsoever.

The data is licensed to a single user account.

The agreement that we all agreed to prior to getting Pocket Query data spells this out.

http://www.geocaching.com/software/agreement.aspx

...This is a license agreement, and not an agreement for sale, between the end user (Licensee) and Groundspeak, Inc. (Groundspeak),

...Groundspeak and its licensor(s) retain exclusive ownership of the copy of the Data and Related Materials licensed under this Agreement and, hereby, grant to Licensee a personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable license to use the Data

...Permitted Uses:

• Licensee may install the Data or portions of the Data onto a global positioning system unit ["GPS"] for Licensee's own internal use.

• Licensee may modify the Data and merge other data sets with the Data for Licensee's own internal use. The portions of the Data merged with other data sets will continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

Uses Not Permitted:

• Licensee shall not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign, time-share, or transfer, in whole or in part, or provide access to the Data, Related Materials, any updates, or Licensee's rights under this Agreement to any third party whatsoever.

Licensee shall not remarket, resell, and/or redistribute the Data or any derived portion(s) of the Data in its digital form to any third party whatsoever.

Yep. Makes sense.

Otherwise, sharing of Pocket Query data in not permitted in accordance with the licensing agreement.

i have recently pointed out this myself to someone, but they were talking about sharing it with a group of non-premium members

in this case, i really don't see what the problem is, each is a PM running their own PQ's and comparing...this situation to me doesn't qualify as sharing

Otherwise, sharing of Pocket Query data in not permitted in accordance with the licensing agreement.

i have recently pointed out this myself to someone, but they were talking about sharing it with a group of non-premium members

in this case, i really don't see what the problem is, each is a PM running their own PQ's and comparing...this situation to me doesn't qualify as sharing

However, the license agreement states ...

Uses Not Permitted:

Licensee shall not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign, time-share, or transfer, in whole or in part, or provide access to the Data, Related Materials, any updates, or Licensee's rights under this Agreement to any third party whatsoever.

However, the license agreement states ...

Uses Not Permitted:

Licensee shall not sell, rent, lease, sublicense, lend, assign, time-share, or transfer, in whole or in part, or provide access to the Data, Related Materials, any updates, or Licensee's rights under this Agreement to any third party whatsoever.

Well to conform to the GC agreement, I guess I will have to wait around until GC gets around to making this feature available.

Well personally I don't see where another PM would be a "third party". So, if I want to I'll do it anyway if it is another Premium Member. If the powers that be would provide the option "not found by "user name"" when running a PQ then we wouldn't have to worry about it. And yes, I have provided the same feedback on the feedback channel.