Travel bug missing from cache.....

MTBguy

Not to sound to negative but welcome to the club! We've only had two Travel Bugs. One was lost for four months until it turned up in Maine. Another thought lost and it turned up also and another cacher recreated his travels on his bug page. If the actual cache logbooks don't turn up anything all you can do is wait and hope that the Bug will turn up. Good Luck!!

I think the problem is that this is your cache and you've got a travel bug stuck there right? It's not that it's your travel bug.

If it's your travel bug, you can simply grab it yourself. Then when it shows up, the person who found it can grab it back from you.

In this thread we talked about the other side of the problem, which is what I think you're talking about: Your Cache, someone else's bug.

Right now, the only option you have is to try and contact the bug's owner and see if they'll grab it.

Jeremy - I know you're in New Orleans this week, but can you ask your minions to look into the possibility of some mechanism to handle this problem from the cache owner's perspective. Read the other thread to see our suggestions.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

quote:
Why does the bug's owner need to know the code?
quote:
If it's your travel bug, you can simply grab it yourself.

They answer each other icon_wink.gif

I know, I know - what you were asking is that since I am the bug's owner the system should KNOW that I'm the bug's owner and I shouldn't have to enter a code.

Since that's not happening yet, I strongly urge everyone to write down your bugs codes before they go out. If you don't have them, e-mail someone who does.

I've also gotten about 6 or 7 e-mails from people wanting to write a note to the bug's page after it has left their hands - and they needed the bug's code. Seems like as an owner I should have that information for them.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page

quote:
Why does the bug's owner need to know the code?
quote:
If it's your travel bug, you can simply grab it yourself.

They answer each other icon_wink.gif

I know, I know - what you were asking is that since I am the bug's owner the system should KNOW that I'm the bug's owner and I shouldn't have to enter a code.

Since that's not happening yet, I strongly urge everyone to write down your bugs codes before they go out. If you don't have them, e-mail someone who does.

I've also gotten about 6 or 7 e-mails from people wanting to write a note to the bug's page after it has left their hands - and they needed the bug's code. Seems like as an owner I should have that information for them.

Markwell

My Geocaching Page