Travel Bug for South Island

the_pontipines

We picked up a travel bug JPB5DE it has been travelling the North Island only. Perhaps it needs to go a little further abroad. I would like to post this trackable jeep to a South Island cacher so it can enjoy more of New Zealand.

Please email me at baronessnz@gmail.com

ill email you we down bottom of south island and tavel round central a bit so if keen we can continue the journey for the owner

We picked up a travel bug JPB5DE it has been travelling the North Island only. Perhaps it needs to go a little further abroad. I would like to post this trackable jeep to a South Island cacher so it can enjoy more of New Zealand.

Please email me at baronessnz@gmail.com

My advice would be to contact the owner of a TB before you attempt to short-cut a TB's "normal" travel process. I've made similar offers in the past and the TB's owners have replied thanking me for the offer but quite firmly stating that they would prefer to see it travel "naturally".

In this case there appears to be no official owner as Zork looks to have snatched it from thin air. In fact, the logs show that Zork has had it in his possession since November and has been "dipping" it in caches he has found over December. The TB has only sat in one cache in North Island (the one you found it in). I'd be inclined to ask Zork if he would like it moved south.

I see this has got to the South Island and a long way south at that!

It is one of those ubiqitous Jeep 4 x4 TBs which are a legacy from a competition, you can't contact the owner as they have disabled the message function on their profile.

So I suggest such Jeeps are free to roam completely at random, and as they probably can't get sent back to their owner I guess that is till the end of time as long as they don't go missing! If I grab one of these it will probably go into my next cache find wherever that might be as long as the cache is big enough (and quite a few aren't.) If it's red though it might get near a fire station if possible :-)

Edited by robnzh