Whaddya Think About This?

Smokehouse

What about when placig a TB, you figure out where you want it to go. You make a list of the cacehs in order from the original location the the endpoint. You ask whoever picks it up to take it to Cache B, once placed in Cache B the next guy will pick it up and see that the list says please take this to Cache C. Whenever someone picks it up and places it, they shold cross oout the location they placed it in.Maybe this would help getting them moving if there was a specific place you wanted it to go. It would look likethis:

To the Finder of this Travel Bug, please read the following directions, if you are unable to complete this mission, please do not undertake it.

My mission is to get to Brannan Field Cache taking the following route.

1) Westside Wonder

2) BlueJay Haze

3) StoneGarden

4) Cecil Field

5) Brannan Field

When you move the TB along, please cross out the location that you take it to.

Now these may not be in order but I hope I started the idea clearly, this will help someone who is thinking about picking it up, decide whether or not they can do it, by seeing exactly where it needs to go.

Whaddya Think?

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif

I like the idea, too. You'd have to make sure that people understood exactly what was to happen with its movements, or it could get off course pretty quickly.

Judging by your description, you want to have this plan of travel on paper, attached to the travel bug. Perhaps you could make a "casing" of sorts for the paper by attaching the two TB tags together, and putting the paper (folded up) in between them. It would keep everything together, and keep the TB from having a bunch of attachments.

One thought though - unless you plan on keeping the trips local, it could take a lot of planning to get a bug to go a long way, unless you get lucky and have people from the next area its going to on vacation in the bug's current location.

And as for the "test bug's" travel plan, I think it should stop by the Pavilion Trail cache at some point. icon_smile.gif

I like the idea, too. You'd have to make sure that people understood exactly what was to happen with its movements, or it could get off course pretty quickly.

Judging by your description, you want to have this plan of travel on paper, attached to the travel bug. Perhaps you could make a "casing" of sorts for the paper by attaching the two TB tags together, and putting the paper (folded up) in between them. It would keep everything together, and keep the TB from having a bunch of attachments.

One thought though - unless you plan on keeping the trips local, it could take a lot of planning to get a bug to go a long way, unless you get lucky and have people from the next area its going to on vacation in the bug's current location.

And as for the "test bug's" travel plan, I think it should stop by the Pavilion Trail cache at some point. icon_smile.gif

How about a piece of cardboard, and lets say a Star Wars action figure as the TB. on the cardboard you past tthe general instructions and seal them up using the cardboard as the backing. Then attached to that would be the more detailed instructions or something to that effect.

balsmilies.gif

46113_400.jpg

The KGB

guy.gif

My first concern would be that you are relying on all of the caches still being there when the Travel Bug gets to the location. Caches get archived all the time.

My second concerns would be that your Travel Bug may not move very fast. Most geocachers are not as dedicated as those of us on the forums. They cache sporadically when time and opportunity allow. They would just leave it (how boring), or worse yet take it with good intentions to get it to the requested location, and just never have time to get it to the requested cache.