The TravelBug Tracking map - missing state lines

FamilyFun!

quote:
Originally posted by Borogove & Mimsy:

I agree--many bugs want to visit all states, or certain states, but it is hard to tell where they have been. I'm a newbie to this forum--do we need an entry under "suggested features" on the Geocaching Discussions forum, or will this get added to the "to-do" list?

If a travel bug wants to travel to all the states, I'd say it's up to the Travel Bug owner to put a table of all the states on the Travel Bug's page and update the list for everyone else to see. It wouldn't take that long to build the list, and little effort to keep it updated.

Anyhow, I agree with the original poster, I wish the maps had at least a little more detail. A lot of times, all you see is a bunch of lines on a green background, even for bugs that have traveled hundreads of miles.

quote:
Originally posted by smillersmiller:

If a travel bug wants to travel to all the states, I'd say it's up to the Travel Bug owner to put a table of all the states on the Travel Bug's page and update the list for everyone else to see. It wouldn't take that long to build the list, and little effort to keep it updated.

You are correct. It's not that hard to keep updated. The California County Cacher's goal is to visit all 58 counties within California. It was relatively simple to get a county map of California and paint it when the T-bug stayed in a cache in a new county. The table also lists the first cache within each county that it's traveled in.

I figure when it's been in all 58 counties, I'll erase the map and start over with a second round.

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

That would be nice to have the state lines. My son sent out Geo-Jaguar and he is going to use it for a geography fair project. It would have been nice to have the state lines, when it was in the states.

But since it went to Germany, Spain and England, it is really hard to tell where it has gone anyway. Gonna have to figure out a way to plot out the US parts of the trip and the overseas parts of the trip. Do you guys recommend just plotting on mapquest?

Janine

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Geocaching-HamptonRoadsVA/join

"You have brains in your head; You have feet in your shoes.

You can steer yourself any direction you choose.

You're on your own. And you know what you know.

And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...."

Dr. Seuss