I now own the #1 Favorite geocache in Missouri

Lacomo

the ones sent to previous finders asking for a favorite vote

I'll try to make it plain to you what I'm saying. You posted on this public forum that "there were also emails sent to previous finders asking for a favorite vote". The definition of also is:in addition; too; besides; as well The above mentioned post was posted on a Yahoo group I belong to that I know a large amount of ths members and they would have not even gottan an email unless thier settings were set to recieve emails from that group. Now I will ask you one more time: What other emails are you refering to? If you are going to post something negative about me on a public forum please be sure you can back it up.

And to Arthur & Trillian: How etical is it to copy and paste a posting from a private group to a public forum?

Edited by Lacomo

I'll try to make it plain to you what I'm saying. You posted on this public forum that "there were also emails sent to previous finders asking for a favorite vote". The definition of also is:in addition; too; besides; as well The above mentioned post was posted on a Yahoo group I belong to that I know a large amount of ths members and they would have not even gottan an email unless thier settings were set to recieve emails from that group. Now I will ask you one more time: What other emails are you refering to? If you are going to post something negative about me on a public forum please be sure you can back it up.

I've never said if it was negative or not, your words. Do you think it's negative to solicit votes, by either/or posting on a forum or personal emails? I never said you emailed anyone, I don't know if you did or not, but I do know of previous finders that received emails soliciting a favorite vote for that cache.

I've never said if it was negative or not, your words. Do you think it's negative to solicit votes, by either/or posting on a forum or personal emails? I never said you emailed anyone, I don't know if you did or not, but I do know of previous finders that received emails soliciting a favorite vote for that cache.

LOL, I give up!!!! I will not argue with you on this forum. I will be glad to discuss it farther in private.

Lacomo, you're the first person to post a "I'm number 1" in this forum. Afaik, you're the first state leader to publically post your status. You're also the first to publically acknowledge lobbying for votes. Right or wrong, you're going to get some heat for that.

In fact, I predict we'll see many arguments over what is acceptable etiquette for CO's in regards to favorites. So you won't be the last person in the hot seat. Just don't be surprised or upset if you get questions. It's part of the experience of being the first

Congratulations, I guess the solicitation worked!

This.

Congrats on getting the number one spot, but to be fair, you pimped for votes on a local mailing list to make it happen. ;)

It was #2 favored before it was ever mentioned on a public forum.

So? It still doesn't change the fact you did it...and I quote:

There are currantly 6640 caches in MO. My Jolly Green Giant Cache GC1MDCE is

rated #2 Favorite in MO with 59 points. Only 9 points behind the #1 Saint Louis

Arch Virtual cache. Now we can't let a little thing like an arch keep me out of

first place can we? If you havn't found Jolly Green Giant go find it. If it is

one of your favorites and you havn't voted it as one of your favorites please go

do so now...Thanks.....Lacomo

Well it must have been a lot of peoples favorite then wasn't it? LOL

Sure...but wouldn't it have been a bit more ethical to let people vote of their own accord instead of emailing them and posting to a mailing list to get them to vote for it?

Is it etical to qoute/copy and paste a message from a privategroup to a public forum?

I'm done with this subject.

Is it etical to qoute/copy and paste a message from a privategroup to a public forum?

I'm done with this subject.

Nice straw man. You still fail to answer the question...namely, is it ethical to petition cachers for votes instead of letting the voting process happen the way it was intended?

I'd say no, especially if you get the results you want and make a topic praising yourself for having the "top" cache, nevermind how you got there.

Edited by Arthur & Trillian

This.

Congrats on getting the number one spot, but to be fair, you pimped for votes on a local mailing list to make it happen. ;)

one of your favorites and you havn't voted it as one of your favorites please go

do so now...Thanks.....Lacomo

Well it must have been a lot of peoples favorite then wasn't it? LOL

It's like those sleazy flyers that the sleazy politicians mail to me.

I used to think virtuals and favorites were ok. I looked for FL and see that the top two favorited caches are in Disney. What a joke. How does that fit in with the policies about not having to go into a place of business to log a cache? Perhaps they got permission before hand but I'd have never given it to them and I won't be spending $70 bucks to go log that one.

I used to think virtuals and favorites were ok. I looked for FL and see that the top two favorited caches are in Disney. What a joke. How does that fit in with the policies about not having to go into a place of business to log a cache? Perhaps they got permission before hand but I'd have never given it to them and I won't be spending $70 bucks to go log that one.

Those caches were grandfathered in. It's doubtful that they would be approved under the current guidelines.

Please refrain from derogatory remarks. Thanks.

3. Personal attacks and inflammatory behavior will not be tolerated. If you want to praise or criticize, give examples as to why it is good or bad. General attacks on a person or idea will not be tolerated.

I thought that was what I was doing, but I will take your advice and tone it down a notch.

Thanks.

This.

do so now...Thanks.....

Lacomo

Simply amazing.

Edited by briansnat

Hmmm cool way to see which cache is the top one in the state! You can do it on every country in the world too except for the United States which seems to only come in states... <_< Oh well, still pretty cool!

can't do it for Canada either