Canadian Souvenirs

entogeek

Thank you everyone for your feedback about the Canadian souvenirs! Based on the overwhelming response to the Saskatchewan souvenir, we'll be creating a new art piece to represent the province more broadly.

For those curious, the landscape drawn was from a provincial park in Saskatchewan.

And thanks for posting that funny clip!

Thank you everyone for your feedback about the Canadian souvenirs! Based on the overwhelming response to the Saskatchewan souvenir, we'll be creating a new art piece to represent the province more broadly.

For those curious, the landscape drawn was from a provincial park in Saskatchewan.

Thank you for your quick response to our issue.

And Thanks to Roxxy G. for all her hard work creating our beautiful Canadian Souvenirs. We will show them off proudly.

Really curious as to which provincial park :D I suspect you might be looking at the Saskatchewan river that starts in the Rocky Mountains (in Alberta)

The Souvenirs are Quite Brilliant, Thanks for making them up!! NWT is my Favourite!

Really curious as to which provincial park :D I suspect you might be looking at the Saskatchewan river that starts in the Rocky Mountains (in Alberta)

The Souvenirs are Quite Brilliant, Thanks for making them up!! NWT is my Favourite!

Maybe they are refering to the new artwork to come.

I did a thorough search of many places for that landscape... I did find one blog that had a picture from the Alberta rockies in a blog on Saskatchewan trip... Maybe that was it... Anyone else notice the similarity between the old Saskvenir and the Alberta one... that river shore and trees look similar... hmmm new idea for WIC... find that mountain scene... maybe.

Edit: I took my own advice and checked it out... definitely from the area of the south end of the Saskatchewan River Crossing bridge... I used GE and almost matched it on many points... I bet the material looked at mentioned the source of the river and thus the province name... Easy to get mixed up if you haven't experienced Canada first hand...

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

2f6e249d-7c96-4076-82f3-9fa2384fd158.jpg

Broadly... yup, that sums it up nicely

B) BQ

Edited by The Blue Quasar

There is a very similar scene in Jasper National Park in the headwaters of the North Saskatchewan river (Jasper National Park) :rolleyes:

http://www.tpcs.gov.sk.ca/NarrowHills

http://www.sasktourism.com/travel-information/product-detail&listing=3&opid=76533

This is the closest picture that I could find in a Saskatchewan provincial park: Narrow Hills Provincial Park. Gently rolling hills of jack pine and aspen but not one mountain peak. It is hard when you haven't been to the different provinces, states or counties. Easy to make a mix-up. And now it will be fixed. Maybe move Saskatchewan's to Alberta and Alberta to B.C? Or just too much work?

Edited to correct links. Sorry, have to figure out how to add the image.

Edited by mwellman

There is a very similar scene in Jasper National Park in the headwaters of the North Saskatchewan river (Jasper National Park) :rolleyes:

Yesterday I found a couple other images of the same location (Saskatchewan River Crossing in Alberta). The first image has the trees in the foreground, like the souvenir. The second image has the rocky river bank, similar to the souvenir. If you could overlay all three images it would look exactly like the souvenir!

Image 1

Image 2

snip...

I think that sums it up perfectly!

I must admit being a BC boy I missed a lot of that show except near the end, but that segment is iconic. :-) However, now that we live in SK, we are proud that we have a cache only a few metres from where that scene was filmed! http://coord.info/GC28HGW

Hey, my brother got the original PS 210 Rouleau cache! Good to see you've put one close too.

I went to vote before I saw that they are going to update the art for Saskatchewan. Left my 3 votes there (sitting at 33rd now) just to make sure the point is made ;). I'm glad to see they're listening and a change is coming :).