Who found the most caches in 2010?

qrang

The UK caching teams who found the most caches in 2010 were:-

1) 5607 - BHA LOYAL

2) 5376 - Go Pack Go

3) 5318 - The Moor We Hunt...

4) 5212 - Esscafe

5) 5170 - drsolly

Shows how a trip to Nevada can up your numbers :)

A longer list can be found on our profile here

List has been compiled using the new Statistics tab and therefore does not include cachers (eg The Bolas Heathens) who choose not to show their statistics.

The new stats tab makes it pretty easy to start to compare stats now. I was interested what the answer to your question might be for all cachers worldwide and it looks like the most profilic cachers found about 10,000 caches in 2010.

You can use this page as a starting point (scroll down to see the names) Worldwide leader board. Then look at the stats tab on the profiles of some of the top cachers.

I've just looked at the Worldwide leader board and I see that Alamogul has done 48,000 caches - OK. But his profile page says his record for one day is 917. Over a period of 24 hours, that is one every 1.5 minutes. How can this be possible? It takes me that long to sign a cache I've found.

And the Ventura kids claim 1157 in a day, almost one a minute!

Edited by ===sgb
I've just looked at the Worldwide leader board and I see that Alamogul has done 48,000 caches - OK. But his profile page says his record for one day is 917. Over a period of 24 hours, that is one every 1.5 minutes. How can this be possible? It takes me that long to sign a cache I've found.

And the Ventura kids claim 1157 in a day, almost one a minute!

Probably one of several power trails (in the truest sense of the word) in the western USA. There's a relatively new one in California along part of Route 66 which is I think eight hundred and something caches long (all almost exactly .1mi apart, of course) and then there's the 'Extra-Terrestrial Highway' series in Nevada, which I think has something like 1022 caches over a hundred miles or so of desert road. There was also the (in)famous Trail of the Gods that was a similar type of thing but was quite quickly archived, because of a permission issue, if I recall...

So yes, that many caches in a single day is theoretically possible with enough people (one to drive, another to retrieve/log/replace, and so on), common sense and limitations of what constitutes 'fun' notwithstanding :P

So yes, that many caches in a single day is theoretically possible with enough people (one to drive, another to retrieve/log/replace, and so on), common sense and limitations of what constitutes 'fun' notwithstanding :P

Not forgetting they used the "shuffle" technique too - where you drop a new cache at the first spot, then take the original cache and sign the log in the car on the way to the next cache which it then replaces..... and so on down the line.

Not what I'd call caching - but whatever floats your boat, I suppose, and as long as the CO's happy with it........

Although.... theoretically somebody could now put NM logs on every cache in the series - as they've all moved at least 0.1 miles ;)

Not forgetting they used the "shuffle" technique too - where you drop a new cache at the first spot, then take the original cache and sign the log in the car on the way to the next cache which it then replaces..... and so on down the line.

Whoah, offside! That's definitely cheating in my book! When we were on power trails in Los Angeles I'd prepared some very small stickers for the log, and replacing the sheet into the container was all part of the timing. At one point we were managing almost one a minute (and that was by bicycle) so it is possible to do it without cheating.

Just had a look at the lists of your profile page qrang. You missed off Wherigo :(

I have found 16 and so far haven't come across anyone else (in the UK) that has found any more (I know someone with 14). Maybe this will be the only way I will ever get on a most finds list .... so wondering if there is any easy way for you to find out the top Wherigo finders?

Just had a look at the lists of your profile page qrang. You missed off Wherigo :(

I have found 16 and so far haven't come across anyone else (in the UK) that has found any more (I know someone with 14). Maybe this will be the only way I will ever get on a most finds list .... so wondering if there is any easy way for you to find out the top Wherigo finders?

Sorry Maple Leaf, the lists are created manually and are only for those categories that we find interesting as we are high up the rankings. As we do not have Wherigo capability on our GPSr it is of little or no interest to us.

As Deci says, given the relatively small number of Wherigo caches it should be possible to compile (and publish?) a Wherigo finders list manually with a bit of effort.

How is the list created? I know of one person with 400+ this year that is missing. I'm quite surprised with our total of 311 finds this year, bar a few caches, I've found all mine with the baby in the buggy; I'm waiting for one of his first words to be 'cache' or 'found it'!

Thanks for doing the lists, they are fun to look at.

Edited by The QCs

How is the list created? I know of one person with 400+ this year that is missing. I'm quite surprised with our total of 311 finds this year, bar a few caches, I've found all mine with the baby in the buggy; I'm waiting for one of his first words to be 'cache' or 'found it'!

Thanks for doing the lists, they are fun to look at.

It's just a manual trawl through the new Stratistics Tab on profiles. I haven't found any way of automating the search so inevitably some cachers will be missing. By getting replies like yours, the data should get more accurate.

Could you let me know who is the >400 finds cacher and I will modify the list.