Featured Cartridges

KJKlock

I see the same few cartridges cycle through the "Featured Cartridge" area on the Wherigo site over and over again. I dug up some 2008 posts that said we can submit good cartridges to be included as a "Featured Cartridge". I recently played a fantastic cartridge that should be added to this rotation.

Is Groundspeak still taking nominations for this section and will they update this part of the site?

Up until you mentioned it, I always thought it was random and never payed much attention to that section. However, now that I think about it (and look it over), I haven't seen "newer" (after Geowoodstock 6) cartridges listed in that section. Good question and thank you for noticing!

I am not aware of a nomination process. You might want to ask Groundspeak's contact@ address and see if you can get a few of your favorite cartridges listed.

You might want to ask Groundspeak's contact@ address and see if you can get a few of your favorite cartridges listed.

I did E-mail Groundspeak and asked about this. Below is the reply that I got back:

"Hi Ken-

Thank you for contacting us and for your interest in Wherigo. In order to support the rapid community growth of Geocaching.com in the past year, it has been necessary to shift previously dedicated resources from Wherigo to Geocaching.

That means that we are not actively updating the site at this time which includes the featured cartridges area.

We hope to have a better idea of where Wherigo is going and again be able to provide more updates and support.

Sorry we can't be of more help at this time.

Happy caching!

Best Regards-

Dani"

So, I guess we are going to have to continue to wait for Wherigo to get any more attention from Groundspeak. I hope it does soon.

So, I guess we are going to have to continue to wait for Wherigo to get any more attention from Groundspeak. I hope it does soon.

Five nearly six years later: I'm still seeing "Slides and Ladders," "The Arena," "Flea Market," "But Is It Still Art," "Whack a Lackey," "J2B2: Village Robot," and "Penguin Escape!" as the featured Wherigos. So, yeah, not much change here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by hzoi