Input Requested for Gulf Islands National Park Geocaches

GINPR_geocache

With the development of Parks Canada's geocaching guidelines, Gulf Islands National Park reserve is looking to develop a series of multicaches in the Park. I'm looking for suggestions for the best way to organize an event this summer to kick off the geocaches. There have already been several successful geocaches developed in National Parks across the country and I am also looking for input regarding the best format and design of the caches. Any input would be greatly appreciated, my email is Eric.Hertz@pc.gc.ca or my user account, GINPR_geocache

Thanks

Edited by GINPR_geocache

Hello, I'm Jerry Marshall part of the mitrustme team. We have already put 4 caches in the Gulf Island National Seashore Park in Ocean Springs, ms. They have been there almost a year, it took us over nine months of meeting with Mr. Brown (he has now retired) and the other rangers at the park to finely being able to get a user permit to place them. We have shown them that it could be done without harming the park, so now we are working with them to place more in Ocean Springs and to also place some in Pensacloa, Fl. Here are a list of caches we have put out.

GC1YDZQ Lighter Knot

GC1YE47 Plain Ole Cache

GC1YE3F It Just Needed One

GC1YE0H It Starts Here

Edited by mitrustme

Well I'll be darned - those islands that I paddled through years ago are going national.

Sigh.

Linky

Viajero, the Gulf Islands may have been under Parks Canada when you were here. It's been almost 10 years now, but it wasn't really visible unless you noticed that the logo changed on the signs and brochures. Some are still under BC Parks which of course adds some confusion for our poor reviewers since the cache hide rules for each are very different.