Geo Forum Tidy

I've been missing the useful Geocaching Forum Tools script that used to work on the old forums. As there didn't appear to be an update in sight I decided to bite the bullet and make the required changes myself. The new script is based heavily on the original script by LordElph and rutson. The bulk of the original functionality has been kept, namely the Ignore Topic facility and Highlight Topic facility (this was previously called Watch Topic) and I've added some minor usability enhancements.

The script is called Geo Forum Tidy and can be downloaded from here.

Let me know if you find any problems.

Gary

Thanks Gary :D

I've updated the page in my resource site for Firefox scripts with this new one.

For those new to these forums, this script is one of many that have been created to improve Firefox (and some other browsers) when navigating round cache pages or the forums. I've got a long list of them on my resource site, so why not go and take a look. Thanks to all those clever folks who have written these scripts.

Chris

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Edited by The Blorenges

Thanks! The best feature of the old forum enhancers was the 'favourites' option - could that be redone I wonder?

The 'favourites' option is still available but I've called it 'Highlight'. To highlight a topic click on the icon in the first column (the icon will be one of the icons listed in the Forum Legend section at the bottom of the page) and the row will change to a light green colour. When that topic has a new unread post the row will be changed to a bright green.

The 'favourites' option is still available but I've called it 'Highlight'. To highlight a topic click on the icon in the first column (the icon will be one of the icons listed in the Forum Legend section at the bottom of the page) and the row will change to a light green colour. When that topic has a new unread post the row will be changed to a bright green.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear - I was referring to the option to list whole forums as favourites, to save trawling through the lengthy list of other-language forum etc. I only ever read the UK forum and the Benchmarking forum, so it saved a bit of time to jump straight from one to the other.

Sorry, I didn't make myself clear - I was referring to the option to list whole forums as favourites, to save trawling through the lengthy list of other-language forum etc. I only ever read the UK forum and the Benchmarking forum, so it saved a bit of time to jump straight from one to the other.

I have http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=35 assigned to a shortcut on my desktop. Takes me straight to the UK forum. You could use the same for the Benchmarking forum.... showforum=10

I just had to unistall this great script, owing to me hitting the litte 'x' instead of new post icon, which is right next to it!

I can see how clicking the 'x' by mistake can be slightly annoying. You can restore the ignored topic by selecting the 'Show Ignored Topics' option in the drop down menu next to your username at the top right of the page. Then you can click on the 'x' next to the accidentally ignored topic to un-ignore it. Now select the 'Hide Ignored Topics' option in the drop down menu next to your username to rehide your ignored topics.

I'll improve the spacing between the 'x' and the 'Go to first unread post' icon so that it'll be less likely for an accidental click to occur.