[GEO] Notify: xxx published yyy

Rhialto

Just wondering, in the email we receive for a new cache there is always the line that says:

Profile for xxx (reviewer name)

http://coord.info/xxx

It's like this for years but I would find it more useful to know who made the cache (the name of the hider, the owner). When I receive 6 email in a row about new caches published, I get 6 times the link to the reviewer profile. I would instead prefer to learn more about who made the cache and if all 6 new caches have the same owner. Then I could also click on the link to view the cache owner profile and see how many he/she have hidden yet, since when he/she is a member, etc.

Some will say that I can click the link to the cache page THEN see who the owner is, but I would have to click that for each new cache to find out if they are all by the same person. I know many of you are doing this everytime already because it's yet the only way to know.

I could argue the same for the title of the incoming message, replacing the reviewer name who validate and publish the cache, by the name of the persone who have made the hide. Easier to know when your favorite cacher just made a new hide but, I think reviewers need to be listed somewhere for all the hard work they do, so I don't ming having the name in the title. No need to repeat it in the message though... OR at least please, add a new line with the name of the hider in the message.

What do you think?

I actually have the email sent to my phone as a MMS message, so I get the entire email. I don't get coordinates, but I get the entire email publishing the cache, and it gives links to the cache that I can click on. I have an iPhone, so it works out well.

I would like to see that also, if it can be added. Coordinates would be nice, but the site has consistently said its a bad idea because they want people to read the entire cache page. The links do pretty well for me.

i agree, but the email follows the same pattern as all other notify emails. it's always the name of who made the log that appears, never the name of the cache owner. they'd either have to make a special case exception for the publish logs/emails, or add the cache owner name into all the notify emails. of course i wouldn't mind actually having the CO name in all the emails...

I would also like to know the cache owner's name in the publish E-Mail. I am a somewhat active FTF hunter and there are certain people who's caches have lousy co-ords and/or descriptions and I generally don't bother rushing out for. On the other hand there are cachers who place great caches and I will be more likely to drop everything and run right out.

I'd like to see the hider's name. With certain hiders I know it would be great cache and with others I know it would be something I'd want to ignore.

The reviewer is meaningless to me. If I need to contact him I can find out who he is easily enough.

Edited by briansnat

I agree it would probably be more helpful to know the owner, but the notifications are like a watchlist, you get the info about who posted the log.

I would also like to see the D/T ratings...

The co-ordinates...

The attributes...

and...

and...

and...

The EMail includes a link, and if I click/tap it I can see the whole cache page within a few seconds, with maps and all.

I agree it would probably be more helpful to know the owner, but the notifications are like a watchlist, you get the info about who posted the log.

The co-ordinates...

The attributes...

and...

and...

and...

The EMail includes a link, and if I click/tap it I can see the whole cache page within a few seconds, with maps and all.

I completely agree with this. Clicking a link only takes a few seconds, and that's on my slow, bogged down laptop. It's not difficult, take a second and read the cache page before you go hunt the cache.

The co-ordinates...

The attributes...

and...

and...

and...

I completely agree with this. Clicking a link only takes a few seconds, and that's on my slow, bogged down laptop. It's not difficult, take a second and read the cache page before you go hunt the cache.

Why bother to reply if you don't need to see the name of the hidder? This wasn't a poll.

I said it would be more useful to me and obviously to a few. Depending on the area of everyone, some receive a new cache notification once a week and some many the same day. When I receive many I'd like to immediatly see the name and NOT have to click every email.

Suggestion sent, it's a simple request and it's no rush. Let's see if it will happen one day.

Maybe it's just me but.... I could swear that the new cache publication email *used* to contain a link to the hider's profile. I really do think it used to be there.

And then...one day... it just disappeared. I can't remember when I noticed the link to the hider wasn't there any longer. It just seems like once I wanted to check who hid it and the hider's profile link was gone. It must have got lost in an update somewhere.

Maybe it's just me but.... I could swear that the new cache publication email *used* to contain a link to the hider's profile. I really do think it used to be there.

I spot-checked a few from 2006 and couldn't find it. There were some differences between then and now - most visibly the use of the shortened URLs in today's notifications. But I didn't come across any links to the hider's profile.