My First TB made it's First Goal!

Markwell

Lucky you! I have had no ends of bad luck with mine:

-This one wound up in a cache that got plundered.

-This one has been in the same person's hands for over 2 months despite promises of amnesty for the current holder from the alien invaders.

-This one fell victim to someone who thought just th tag itself was the travel bug and so detached it from the item it was fastened to.

- But most frustrating of all is this one. It failed in its initial misssion due to getting buried under snow, but that was okay because the destination cache got plundered a few days before I would have reached it. So I gave it a new mission. It worked well... and the bug made it all the way to just one cache away from its final spot... just a couple miles of backwoods hiking and it would have been there. Then an out of towner grabbed it either without reading or understanding the note left with it by the previous placer indicating exactly where the bug needed to go, and ended up taking it all the way back to the very same state it had started from. It then got placed in a cache where it was picked up by someone with a bunch of kids with them, one of the kids grabbed it, it didn't get logged, and now its location is unknown.

Jeeeeeeeeez.

I'm launching two new bugs this weekend. Attached to them are sheets with very explicit rules that state exactly what the responsibilities are and not to take the bug if they cannot be met.

Not to take this thread in too far off of a direction, but I can't help looking at your avatar and thinking 'sausage'. Then I do a double take, and realize it is a cat (or a dog). But, it gets me looking everytime.

More on the subject. I have launched two travel bugs so far and slow moving as they are, they are not lost yet. My travel bugs are puzzles. You have to solve them then pass them on. I expect the harder ones will stay in one persons possession for a longer time till they solve it or give up.

Puzzle - Bilateral

stealyourcache.jpg

Everywhere that cache is found,

Bound to Cover Just a Little More Ground.

-Dru Morgan www.theheavenlyhost.com/dru

quote:
Originally posted by The Heavenly Host:

Not to take this thread in too far off of a direction, but I can't help looking at your avatar and thinking 'sausage'.

You got me to burst aloud with laughter on that one, something that doesn't happen often. icon_smile.gif

That's my dog, the picture was taken 2 years ago when she was about 4 months old. She used to sit on that cardboard box looking out the window all day long. The look on her face the day she grew big enough that the box collapsed under her weight was priceless.

quote:
Originally posted by scooterj:

-http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=323 fell victim to someone who thought just th tag itself was the travel bug and so detached it from the item it was fastened to.

This one might be sitting in the cache it is currently in for quite awhile. V1ND4L0000 Alpine #1 is in the Coronado National Forest and until we get some rain in Southern Arizona the forest is completely closed. There are actually about a dozen travel bugs that are taking an extended vaction in Southern Arizona caches this summer.

Scott

Team My Blue Heaven

quote:
Originally posted by Team My Blue Heaven:

quote:
Originally posted by scooterj:

-http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=323 fell victim to someone who thought just th tag itself was the travel bug and so detached it from the item it was fastened to.

This one might be sitting in the cache it is currently in for quite awhile. V1ND4L0000 Alpine #1 is in the Coronado National Forest and until we get some rain in Southern Arizona the forest is completely closed. There are actually about a dozen travel bugs that are taking an extended vaction in Southern Arizona caches this summer.

Scott

Team My Blue Heaven

Well, it's actually not in that cache anymore, it's in the hands of someone who picked it up several weeks ago but couldn't log it because an earlier visitor had taken the tag. The finder contacted me asking what to do, I emailed back the tag number and asked for an address I could mail a duplicate tag to but that was a few weeks ago and I've heard nothing more since.

quote:

Well, it's actually not in that cache anymore, it's in the hands of someone who picked it up several weeks ago but couldn't log it because an earlier visitor had taken the tag. The finder contacted me asking what to do, I emailed back the tag number and asked for an address I could mail a duplicate tag to but that was a few weeks ago and I've heard nothing more since.

I am glad that it is not stranded in one of the caches down here. I just don't know what it takes to get people to log travel bugs when they find them. All of mine have gone missing at one time or another. I have given up on worrying about them. I am always glad when they show back up again.

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

I'm just bragging. icon_biggrin.gif

As well you should! icon_cool.gif That's really awesome.

Congrats to Geoffrey and the cachers who could follow instructions! Wheeee! I hope to see more posts like this around here .......

........ maybe one of them might be by me someday! icon_wink.gif

-----

froggy.gif You must be present to win.