Logged Drop of TB into wrong Cache.

Dash 2 Cache

I am very new to this sport and/or hobby. Last night I logged that I dropped a particular TB into a particular cache. After hitting submit I realized I selected a totally different cache all together. I was able to "Delete" the log at the wrong cache location, however, I no longer have that TB in my inventory. HOW do I correct this data.

Thank you from a Noobie!

Dash 2 Cache

If you haven't written down the TB's number, remember to do so next time!

You might find that the TB number is in your web browsers cache... It helps if you can remember the first letter/number, otherwise you have to type in 1, 2, 3 or A, B, C etc until your browser fills in the number.

Otherwise contact the TB owner.

Or place a request on the TB page and cache page that the TB is in, for the next finder to let you know the tracking number. (It will help if you place a note on the cache page where the TB is, so the finder knows where it came from!)

It's no biggie, don't worry about it -we've all done it at one time or another. :D

Just don't do it again! :mad::laughing::P

(Hence making a note of the numbers!)

I am very new to this sport and/or hobby. Last night I logged that I dropped a particular TB into a particular cache. After hitting submit I realized I selected a totally different cache all together. I was able to "Delete" the log at the wrong cache location, however, I no longer have that TB in my inventory. HOW do I correct this data.

Thank you from a Noobie!

Dash 2 Cache

The best way is to go to the coinpage, log a retrieval again then drop it in the appropriate cache. You will need the tracking number for this but if you don't have it you will want to contact the coin owner (use the link to their name at the top of the coinpage) and let them know what you did and what you are trying to do. They may elect to grab it and drop it themselves or they may just send you the tracking number for you to do it.

Good luck.

You can also remove the log that says you dropped it. I think you also need to "grab" the bug; deleting the log will not actually put it back in your inventory. (I'm not certain what will happen.)

Go to http://www.geocaching.com/my/ and click on "Visit Log" next to the incorrect log. Then you will see a button saying "Delete Log."

Deleting a log will not un-do a Drop.

You'll need the tracking number to Retrieve the bug out of the wrong cache and back into your Drop inventory.