How to get wife into game

oldmower

Trip? He's a self-proclaimed "ladies man" who flies helicopters for some random company that will destabilize your banana republic for you and then help you put a new despotic dictatorial lunatic in place. He's awesome. He has no clue how to even spell "kayak."

It's never too late to get a VFR license. 40 hours and you're in like Flynn (who is this Flynn guy anyway?) on a flight line! Then it's just a handful of refuel stops from NY to Bimini!

40 hours and you're in like Flynn (who is this Flynn guy anyway?)

I'm fairly certain it's this guy:

flynn.jpg

That's probably correct. Mr. Errol Flynn. To quote "The Phrase Finder":

The earliest recorded use of the phrase is in a December 1946 edition of American Speech:

"In like Flynn, everything is O.K. In other words, the pilot is having no more trouble than Errol Flynn has in his cinematic feats."

Now back to your regularly-scheduled thread.

Trip? He's a self-proclaimed "ladies man" who flies helicopters for some random company that will destabilize your banana republic for you and then help you put a new despotic dictatorial lunatic in place. He's awesome. He has no clue how to even spell "kayak."

It's never too late to get a VFR license. 40 hours and you're in like Flynn (who is this Flynn guy anyway?) on a flight line! Then it's just a handful of refuel stops from NY to Bimini!

The Trip that I met was a really good whitewater kayaker (I took a swift water rescue course from him once) but I don't think I'd ever get into a helicopter with him, even if he was licensed to fly one. That dude is crazy.

I've been to Zimbabwe. I've seen the results of a despotic dictorial lunatic. No, thanks.

I really should have taken the opportunity when I had a next door neighbor for a year that taught at the local airport. Bimini is looking awfully nice this time of year and there appears to be two geocaches located on the South Island.

Wow. Errol Flynn, eh? Who knew? Certainly not I.

HEY! Bimini... now that is a place that chicks like to go with dudes. Mr Mower Dude, you take your wife to Bimini for some sun and snorkling and rum runners, and I'm sure... NEY, I AM POSITIVE... she'll be alright with caching.

That, and a cache that has Tiffany Green somewhere inside. We like shiney things (kinda like crows do).

We recently went on a trip from Pa to Fl. I have an Oregon 450 and I made a few pocket queries to cache along route 95. I planned on trying a few that were at rest stops when we had to use the restrooms. My wife got mad and didn't see the fun in finding caches at the stops. So I was not able to even attempt any of them. My question how do you get your spouse more involved in the game,sport of geocaching.

Search for caches next to clothing department stores.

HEY! Bimini... now that is a place that chicks like to go with dudes. Mr Mower Dude, you take your wife to Bimini for some sun and snorkling and rum runners, and I'm sure... NEY, I AM POSITIVE... she'll be alright with caching.

That, and a cache that has Tiffany Green somewhere inside. We like shiney things (kinda like crows do).

I was kinda leaning in that direction.

Raid her jewelry box. The subsequent conversation might go something like this...

She: Honey, have you seen that tennis bracelet you bought me?

He: Oh, that old piece of glass, I mean, collection of precious stones -- I made a TB out of it and dropped in a cache across town.

She: What?!?!?!

He: Don't worry, Dear. We can see where it's at now. The geocaching site shows that it's been moved to the "Top of the Mountain" cache. And look, that cache is rated a 4 for terrain, and frankly, it looks like you have been putting on a few pounds lately. Let's go find it. It'll be good exercise.

That outta work.

Edited by NYPaddleCacher

Half that for a Sport Pilot license. It limits you to 2-seat planes and daytime only, but you don't even need a medical.

I was kinda leaning in that direction.

Raid her jewelry box. The subsequent conversation might go something like this...

She: Honey, have you seen that tennis bracelet you bought me?

He: Oh, that old piece of glass, I mean, collection of precious stones -- I made a TB out of it and dropped in a cache across town.

She: What?!?!?!

He: Don't worry, Dear. We can see where it's at now. The geocaching site shows that it's been moved to the "Top of the Mountain" cache. And look, that cache is rated a 4 for terrain, and frankly, it looks like you have been putting on a few pounds lately. Let's go find it. It'll be good exercise.

That outta work.

:laughing:

Can't you just make her? I mean she's your wife so she's legally your property....

jk/jk/jk/jklaughing.gif

OK, that's funny. :anibad: Well let me tell you, I've been doing this for 7.5 years, and Mrs. Yuck thinks it's just as stupid as she did when I first told her about it 7.5 years ago. Don't get me wrong, she's been on maybe 10 of my 2,100 finds, and even shockingly let me stop at 10 caches on a road trip to Michigan once. But she pretty much waited in the car for every one, or checked out cemetery headstones while I found the cache. She's never going to come around though. So what I'm basically saying is just give up. :lol: