My (hopefully) first hide

ayrbrain

How long does it take for a new cache to be reviewed?. I have filled in the form with all of the details, I didn't click the "enable" box at the start as I was still checking everything I was doing as I went along. I wasn't too sure about the enable bit but once I sent it in I realised I could click on "Enable" on the right hand side, so I did that and submitted it, I haven't heard anything back yet. I hope this one is allowed as the first one I tried a number of weeks ago they rejected it :-(

I sent it in over 24 hours ago..........ok I am impatient lol I am so enjoying hunting for the caches and I wanted to try to hide one of my own albeit an easy one to start with. So my question again is...........how long? thank you

Give it 48 hours or so.

Many thanks.......... I take it as I have clicked Enable on the RHS of the page it has gone ok, as it was confusing me saying it could not be reviewed if it hasn't been enabled. The Enable wording is red in colour now so I am assuming it has gone. fingers crossed and thanks again.

Edited by ayrbrain

the review team in my state is very fast, a few times turning over my cache if I have left desriptive and informative reviewers notes in a few hours, once I even got a cache published within an hour of listing it. On ocassion it takes a few days, especially if there is a problem, but I generally at least hear from one of them within 2 days, even though Groundspeak says it takes at least 3 days.

Groundspeak's goal for publishing is 72 hours, or 3 days.

Depending on holidays and real life interruptions, your mileage may vary.

Remember that the reviewers are volunteers and do have the rest of life to deal with, as do we all.

Don't forget to check your cache page at intervals to see if your reviewer has left you a note on the page. They may do this if they need additional information about your cache or have any questions. If they do leave you a note or have questions, be sure to respond back to them by the method they request. If they ask you to leave a note on the cache page, do exactly that, instead of emailing them. If they ask for an email, then do that. They will be expecting your response but due to a possibly large volume of people responding to them, by your responding in the way they expect, it helps them to keep track of you.

Good luck on your first hide!

Groundspeak's goal for publishing is 72 hours, or 3 days.

Depending on holidays and real life interruptions, your mileage may vary.

Remember that the reviewers are volunteers and do have the rest of life to deal with, as do we all.

Don't forget to check your cache page at intervals to see if your reviewer has left you a note on the page. They may do this if they need additional information about your cache or have any questions. If they do leave you a note or have questions, be sure to respond back to them by the method they request. If they ask you to leave a note on the cache page, do exactly that, instead of emailing them. If they ask for an email, then do that. They will be expecting your response but due to a possibly large volume of people responding to them, by your responding in the way they expect, it helps them to keep track of you.

Good luck on your first hide!

Yes I do realise they are volunteers. Still no word back, and I keep checking my page.

thanks

Can't you WATCH a cache if its yours even if it is not published yet, that way you get any notifications a reviewer might leave as logs on your cache, or does just being a cache owner do the same thing automatically?

Point is, the cache owner should not have to log in to the cache page to see a reviewer note, they should be getting them in their inbox, (unless they unchecked the default checked button which sends them log updates from their cache pages)

Can't you WATCH a cache if its yours even if it is not published yet, that way you get any notifications a reviewer might leave as logs on your cache, or does just being a cache owner do the same thing automatically?

Point is, the cache owner should not have to log in to the cache page to see a reviewer note, they should be getting them in their inbox, (unless they unchecked the default checked button which sends them log updates from their cache pages)

Yes, you should get any notices emailed directly to you.

my friend had one published within two hours. It was funny, he was just complaining (in a joking manner because little time had passed) when his phone went off for a new cache notification and it was his cache. :laughing:

He got the notification before he got the email. :lol:

These reviewers are volunteers and have jobs, families and lives of their own. They know we are all really anxious to have our caches published and do the best they can.

When one goes on vacation or has other life distractions, sometimes a back-up reviewer will take over for that area. The back-up reviewers often have many states that they cover at a time, so the back-up reviewer could get backed up. :o

Go find some and get your mind off of it. Read over the great links others have sent.

And remember, your reviewer wants to get it published, but they have common sense guidelines to follow. If something does not quite fit the guidelines they will work with you to get your cache published. It is common for them to need to ask questions first. Don't take it personal, this is standard procedure.

They will work with you on your cache if there are any issues.

You are in good hands. We have excellent reviewers.