Cannot log a bug on cache find log "edit" page

DBleess

I came back to an old cache log expecting to be able to update my find log and place a bug that I have delayed an entry on. There appears to be a flaw or omission in the log edit code.

All that appears on the edit page from the bug routine is:

"If you dropped off more than one, hold Ctrl down and click on each bug to drop off."

there is no associated access to my bug "inventory" as there is on a normal first time log. I'll have to post a note log this time to make it work. -How about it Jeremy, is this a page coding error?

SA / PP-ASEL-I / Yahoo "SphinxXXVII" / ICQ 1916574

Seams to be a problem for the day! Same story for me. Got a Travel Bug from the MiGO Fall Fun Day event yesterday, and went to drop it in one of my Caches. Shows in my inventory on the Bugs, and my cache page. But not in my inventory when I tried to note a log when I dropped it in my Cache! HELP!!!

ScttN8ZUS

I was short on time and did a quick "find" log for a cache. Later that evening, I went back to edit my "find" log. I didn't have anyway to place the Travel Bug in the cache.

I deleted my original log, then created a new one which allowed me leave the travel bug there.

From what happened to me, I could leave the bug if it was an original log, but not from the edit a log page.

Gary

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drop back 10 and ........trip over the cache.

This is the ongoing with Groundspeak:

=============================================

Hiya Nate et al, I think you completely misunderstand.

1. Log a cache with a bug in posession, but FORGET to place it in the cache at the time of the "original log".

a. This will happen if you forget to place the bug or

b. if you are waiting for someone "ahead" of you to log their find of the bug into another cache first.

2. Go back to that same cache log page and NOW try to "edit" your original log to put that pesky bug into the cache. -Can't do it now, can you? NOW you will see the problem, and the reason that YES, as it stands now, it *IS* necessary to post two logs. Messy, rather not do that.

3. If you think that this already works and I am wrong, then there's another problem someplace because I (and others it seems) can place a bug on an original log, but not on an edit log.

- - If you find it "broke" too, can you add the "bug placement" routine to the "edit log" page? Again, NOT the "original log" page because, yes, it IS there and working fine.

General Inquiries wrote:

>Hi DBleess

>

>If you have a TB in your online inventory you'll see a dropdown menu in

>the new log it/found it page. It's not necessary to post two logs.

>

>Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

>

>Happy Geocaching!

>

>Nate

>

>

>Original Message Follows:

>------------------------

>From: DBleess

>Subject: Cache find log edit / travel bug section

>Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2003 19:29:06 -0500

>

>

>Has anyone see our discussion about a flaw in the edit routine for a

>cache log?

>

>Discussion / Travel bugs

>Cannot log a bug on cache find log "edit" page

><http://ubbx.Groundspeak.com/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&s=5726007311&f=6016058331&m=90060719>

>

>

>When you go back to edit a log and place a bug in a cache, the bug

>placement portion of the webpage doesn't appear. You can only place a

>bug in a cache from a fresh find log.

>

>Can you have it fixed?

>

SA / PP-ASEL-I / Yahoo "SphinxXXVII" / ICQ 1916574