I broke a lamp post looking for a cache.

Coldgears

It's always difficult when a thread moves from the off-topic to the main geocaching pages.

In off-topic many of us "know" one another and we joke a whole lot more. Things aren't so serious, so sometimes the threads don't translate that well once they're moved.

This guy is someone who posts there all the time, so he knows this is the response he'll get and wants it or he wouldn't be posting this in off-topic.

I don't really think he was looking for advice to begin with. More than likely he knew it was something that could get some really funny reactions.

It's always difficult when a thread moves from the off-topic to the main geocaching pages.

In off-topic many of us "know" one another and we joke a whole lot more. Things aren't so serious, so sometimes the threads don't translate that well once they're moved.

This guy is someone who posts there all the time, so he knows this is the response he'll get and wants it or he wouldn't be posting this in off-topic.

I don't really think he was looking for advice to begin with. More than likely he knew it was something that could get some really funny reactions.

Well spoken.

Well spoken.

Agreed.

Well spoken.

Agreed.

Yes. There is a major difference how one responds to a post in Off-Topic, as opposed to On-Topic. This is an off-topic thread, and should remain there.

I lifted the skirt to find the geocache and it fell apart... The geocache wasn't even under it.

it happens......

For that matter, it really isn't broken, anyway. It is just missing a sheet metal screw or two.

No call to insult the poor broken thing... saying it has a screw or two loose... :)

Yes. There is a major difference how one responds to a post in Off-Topic, as opposed to On-Topic. This is an off-topic thread, and should remain there.

True.

But if OP would have stayed On-Topic with the Off-Topic post, then the Off-Topic post would not have gone Off-Topic. Now the Off-Topic post had to be moved out of Off-Topic so it could once again be On-Topic.

(Hope that doesn't take the On-Topic, once Off-Topic, post Off-Topic again.)

True.

But if OP would have stayed On-Topic with the Off-Topic post, then the Off-Topic post would not have gone Off-Topic. Now the Off-Topic post had to be moved out of Off-Topic so it could once again be On-Topic.

(Hope that doesn't take the On-Topic, once Off-Topic, post Off-Topic again.)

Now that's definitely an off-topic thread response.

I lifted the skirt to find the geocache and it fell apart... The geocache wasn't even under it.

I dont believe it. That pic is obviously photoshopped, and I dont see any footprints. Plus, split skirts went out of fashion years ago with muumuus, smocks, housecoats, and culottes.

•The split skirt is a pair of shorts that often extends to the knee. The legs part of the shorts, however, is very large, so when worn on the body, the garment falls naturally and appears as a skirt. They can be matched with shirts and tops of any kind. A split skirt can be worn as a skirt or as shorts. They are often considered to be sporty, comfortable and classy, depending on the fabric choice.

•Historically, split skirts had the same purpose as hakama pants. Split skirts were used in Aikido, a nonviolent Japanese martial art. In this sport, technique and skill are of utmost importance. According to the Rio Grande Valley Aikikai, the split skirt is a traditional garment worn during a fight. Traditionally, the split skirt hid the ankles and feet, so opponents could not anticipate from what direction the next attack would come.

crw_0811.jpg

Edited by 4wheelin_fool

Hey, I think I remember this cache, I found it earlier last year without any snow, FYI: this pic is a SPOILER!!! but if you look close, it may help you find this cache (FYI: it's not one of the bolts!!)...GOOD LUCK!!!!!

lamppostmicro.jpg

If this is the BK hide its a bison hanging in the bush!

Comen has the correct approach. The skirt clearly has been neglected maintenance by the local powers, and it is not your fault.

Lovey Pigs, my wife says she might be able to find that one. Which cache is it? :laughing:

Probably originally didn't lift so someone unbolted it hoping to find it.

I am reluctant to say that I am pleasantly surprised that no one brought this up as yet another reason to ban LPC caches..

THANK YOU.

Where do we begin? Destruction of property, vandalism (scratching the paint on the lamppost by lifting the skirt), not getting permission to place a cache on private property, etc...

me and my big mouth. [back into hiding]