Travel Bugs in Southern Arizona

My Blue Heaven

I just thought I would give everyone a heads up if you have a travel bug sitting in a cache in the Coronado National Forest it might be sitting there for awhile.

The Coronado National Forest has been completely closed until the extreme fire danger passes. This means that until the summer rains comes, the bugs will probably just have to enjoy a long hot Arizona summer.

Hopefully the rains will come by the middle of July and these bugs can start moving again.

quote:
Originally posted by Sight Seekers:

Almost all public land in Arizona is closed to any kind of use. Last weekend I saw two people with atv's getting warnings or finise for using them off-road.

State land trust is closed until August 31 with no mention of lifting if rain came sooner. Most all forest's are closed also. icon_frown.gif

I have been told that if you go and get a new state trust land permit it will be dated for the first of Sept.

They are planning on opening the highway to Mt. Lemmon next week, but it will only be open for travel to the top of the mountain and the businesses there. The pull outs will be blocked off and you will be cited if caught stopping on the highway.

My suggestion is to just wait until the restrictions are lifted. It just isn't worth the possible fines to get caught out there.

quote:
Originally posted by Sight Seekers:

Almost all public land in Arizona is closed to any kind of use. Last weekend I saw two people with atv's getting warnings or finise for using them off-road.

State land trust is closed until August 31 with no mention of lifting if rain came sooner. Most all forest's are closed also. icon_frown.gif

I have been told that if you go and get a new state trust land permit it will be dated for the first of Sept.

They are planning on opening the highway to Mt. Lemmon next week, but it will only be open for travel to the top of the mountain and the businesses there. The pull outs will be blocked off and you will be cited if caught stopping on the highway.

My suggestion is to just wait until the restrictions are lifted. It just isn't worth the possible fines to get caught out there.

quote:
Originally posted by Team Rex:

We've been getting updates from my mom about the fires. Hope none of the caches are lost. Wish we could send some of the rain here your way.

Chris & Will

From looking at the maps of the fire area, it looks like one cache most likely is lost, and one other might have been. There will be no real way to tell until later in the summer when the rains come.