Found Not Activated Cachekinz TB

tx_brewer

I found a cachekinz travel bug this weekend in a cached that appears to be not activated. When I try to pull up the Trackable on geocaching.com, it says that "This Trackable (Cachekinz) hasn't been activated."

Ive re-entered the tracking code on the tag several times (and there is no letter O or zeroes that I might be typing wrong).

What do I do with it?

Is there anyway of contacting the original owner of a cachekinz purchased TB?

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to figure out who released it if they haven't activated it. It's pretty much untrackable at this point. Now, having said that, I'd wait a week or so and see if perhaps the owner just hasn't gotten a chance to activate it yet. Perhaps they are new at this and didn't know they were supposed to activate it. Eventually they'll check to see if anyone's grabbed it and notice it's not activated. I'd hold onto it for now and check periodically.

Unfortunately I don't think there's a way to figure out who released it if they haven't activated it. It's pretty much untrackable at this point. Now, having said that, I'd wait a week or so and see if perhaps the owner just hasn't gotten a chance to activate it yet. Perhaps they are new at this and didn't know they were supposed to activate it. Eventually they'll check to see if anyone's grabbed it and notice it's not activated. I'd hold onto it for now and check periodically.

Thanks for the suggestion.. Ill hold on to it and see if does get activated.. It looks brand new, and I DID post in the log that it appears to be unactivated.

In the logs for the cache, did someone indicate they dropped a TB?

In our area, it is pretty common to indicate if a TB was dropped or picked up in the find log.

Logs, the profiles of the previous finder, details about the traveler in hand can provide clues.

It appears the log prior to the OP was from Nov 29th. I'd like to know a bit more about the bug itself before digging in.

Or... maybe it was left as swag. I will do this on occasion (mostly in my local scout shop cache), with a note attached that it's not activated and enjoy!

I've done this as FTF prizes also- again noting that it's unactivated...

If this is the case, it's yours to get the activation code and set it free

Edited by rickctroop13

Ive tried contacting the last 5 people who posted logs for the cache, and only 1 person responded advising me that i wasn't there's. I thought maybe someone dropped it in the cache and intended to activate later (as mentioned possible above). but its been a couple weeks now and it still shows not activated. Im just going to drop it in another cache next time and send it on its way. Ive done more that a fair share of trying to find the rightful owner, and help them out.