Climbers going to Mega Wales

I'm planning on going to Mega Wales event and as I've not climbed in the area before it seems a shame to waste the chance, so I was thinking about climbing either a day ir two either before or after the event.

Trad preferable, it sport (not sure if there is any in the area) or bouldering.

Currently I'm well out of practice and not on form so grades would likely be up to Severe, f5+ and V3.

Anyone interested let me know.

Cheers

CC

Well, Swansea is pretty flat but the South Wales Mountaineering club have a good website and you should get some ideas there. The lumpy bits are a bit further north of Swansea.... I'm sure a climbing geocacher will be along soon though with local knowledge of the area.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

Edited by Graculus

I'm planning on going to Mega Wales event and as I've not climbed in the area before it seems a shame to waste the chance, so I was thinking about climbing either a day ir two either before or after the event.

Trad preferable, it sport (not sure if there is any in the area) or bouldering.

Currently I'm well out of practice and not on form so grades would likely be up to Severe, f5+ and V3.

Anyone interested let me know.

Cheers

CC

Try here :)

There's lots of climbing to be done on Gower, mainly trad but also some sport I believe. Although I won't be climbing myself Confused Chimp, you could borrow my Gower and SE Wales guide for a day or two over that weekend if it would help. Contact me through the site nearer the time if you need it.

Hi CC

Not a climber a such but when younger had some top class climbing friends.

About 20 mile north of the Mega event is a place called Dylias Rock I know there are a great deal of challenging clibms there an a few challenging overhangs to tackle. I will try and find my old collueges web page and he could give you more accurate discriptions

Regards

Tony (mollyjak)

This may be a good resource for you

http://www.southwalesmountaineering.org.uk/g_book/index.php/Trehafod

Edited by mollyjak

There is also an indoor climbing centre in the Valleys in case it is raining! As if it would!

The Centre is much more than simply a wall!

The Centre is located just a short drive away from Wales' capital city, Cardiff.

The Summit Centre

The Old Drift Mines

Trelewis

South Glamorgan

CF46 6RD

http://www.summitcentre.co.uk/

There is also climbing in Pembrokeshire and in the Wye Valley, however there may be restrictions on climbing the sea cliffs in Pembrokeshire and on the Gower during the bird nesting season.

Come down Via Bristol and go along the road under the Clifton Suspension bridge

Some nice routes there i stop if i'm working in bristol and whack my stickies on, you've got a good range of grades there

I'll ask my oppo in MR about decent routes around the area

Some good graded climbs on Pen Y fan N face all year round, can get a bit knee trembly at times due to poor ground

Other than that i've found the some good sea cliff climbs all around the coast down swansea and the gower

I'll be around as live local if you need a counter weight ;)