Signature Items

I personally leave polymer clay charms that,or jewelry such as ear rings or bracelets created with wire I craft myself. Im a craftaholic anyway, and have several that I do. I don't leave my name or anything on the charms or jewelry, as to leave the finder the option to do with it as they please.

I suppose a true signature item would be one with your name of some sort on it, but I haven't done this because I am looking for something in metal. I would be happy with aluminum, but minting can be a costly thing to have done.

Still, I have had some contact me about the clay charms asking if that was me, so they must be leaving an impact somewhere... :)

We have been thinking about making some so itwill e interesting to see what responses you get. I have looked at the molding clay youo can bake in the oven to harden and thought that would be useful stuff.

Just thought you should know when doing this, the sculpy is good stuff, but doesn't quite harden as good as the primo and fimo stuff. Im not sure what sort of craft stores you have around you, but Michaels carries most polymer clay supplies. They also sell their brand of polymer clay, which is okay in a pinch, but doesn't quite stand up as well when hardened. Hope this helps.

I love the idea of sig-swag! I see it all the when doing large cache hunts in one city to another. It's funny because when you see that particular item in a cache you already know that person has been there without even reading the logs haha! I was doin this when I first started the game by taking a sharpie marker and writing ss7 on quarters,:lol: but I got lazy and stopped. My good buddy p72pi works for Staple's and his sig-swag are "out of stock" tags from his store for cache's with little to no swag in them.

I saw the polymer clays at the art supply store the other day. I also saw latex for making your own latex molds, and liquid plastic for use in the molds. Several ideas went through my head for swag ideas, but I couldn't justify buying anything beyond some items to upgrade a cache and work on 2 killer TBs.

Here's a pic of the mini-cards I've been putting in caches:

84b571c1-6fee-413b-8d87-fc3481e0a0cb.jpg

It's funny because when you see that particular item in a cache you already know that person has been there without even reading the logs haha!
Not necessarily. I've found a number of my older sig tokens that were already in caches when I first found them. Others had taken my sig tokens and dropped them in a cache that I hadn't found yet.

Im a new geocacher and have heard alittle about this idea. I am interested in this concept and I was wondering what some of you guys use for signature items?

Here's mine:

These are the 2 cents I usually leave for a find, but I have 10 other designs for trade as well:

a7d06b96-6ea8-41b4-81a0-6ad02a515c49.jpg

840f47bd-f595-4214-b367-8fc1800f155b.jpg

This is what they all look like on the back, so all of my sig items are lucky: ;)

563d0278-5231-4df8-bf62-d63eae89323d.jpg

My other coin designs (all 12) can be found in BC & MsKitty's link #4

We have been thinking about making some so itwill e interesting to see what responses you get. I have looked at the molding clay youo can bake in the oven to harden and thought that would be useful stuff.

Just thought you should know when doing this, the sculpy is good stuff, but doesn't quite harden as good as the primo and fimo stuff. Im not sure what sort of craft stores you have around you, but Michaels carries most polymer clay supplies. They also sell their brand of polymer clay, which is okay in a pinch, but doesn't quite stand up as well when hardened. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that good information, I appreciate it. I don't know too much about crafts and craft materials is primo & fimo a brand name?

We use some wooden nickels that we had made a while back and are debating on doing some pathtags. I think it is all about how much money you want to invest in it. I have someone in my area that uses poker chips that he has thrown a small sticker on one side with his name. In this, it is relatively cheap to customize if you just use your printer and a pair of scissors.

I saw the polymer clays at the art supply store the other day. I also saw latex for making your own latex molds, and liquid plastic for use in the molds. Several ideas went through my head for swag ideas, but I couldn't justify buying anything beyond some items to upgrade a cache and work on 2 killer TBs.

Here's a pic of the mini-cards I've been putting in caches:

84b571c1-6fee-413b-8d87-fc3481e0a0cb.jpg

These are fantastic. Love the size of moo cards and love the one-of-a-kind personal photography.

Although I haven't started yet, I recently found a cache of coins I collected while living in Guatemala. Most are 1 cent pieces and seem to be made of tin, but I probably have 500 of them so they'll last me a while. Kids love finding foreign "gold and silver" coins in caches, especially if you pitch geocaching to them as a treasure hunt.

Pic of the coins:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:GCA_Muenzen.JPG

I make these out of blank dog tags.

sig.jpg

I'm a big fan of the handmade sig items, and collect them whenever I see them.

I have often wondered about this. Since the whole family is in on the game now I have changed my user name to reflect the whole team and we came up with a sig item. We are making wooden tops these should fit in most smalls and all regulars I also designed a shrinky dink just waiting for the inkjet kind to get here. I will size these to fit in most micros. I can't wait to be done I am waiting for my first coat of paint to dry now!

When they are done I will post a pic.