Garmin nuvi 295w

meh129

Newbie,

I just got a new Nuvi 295w and try to put caches on it from the information given on this forum and havent been successful. Is there any other information out there on how to do this?

Also, my nuvi under the "extras", has POi's caches listed and I didnt put them there and cant fiqure out how to delete them...any help removing them would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, meh

Newbie,

I just got a new Nuvi 295w and try to put caches on it from the information given on this forum and havent been successful. Is there any other information out there on how to do this?

Also, my nuvi under the "extras", has POi's caches listed and I didnt put them there and cant fiqure out how to delete them...any help removing them would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, meh

DL Garmin Communicator and that should allow you to upload caches to your gpsr

to delete pois connect your gpsr to computer via cable supplied, you can now view

as a drive-delete what you want

Newbie,

thanks, meh

DL Garmin Communicator and that should allow you to upload caches to your gpsr

to delete pois connect your gpsr to computer via cable supplied, you can now view

as a drive-delete what you want

Was able to delete old caches but still having problems with uploading caches, I was able to install "communicator" maybe I missing a step somewhere?

meh

If the big 295W is no longer on the first page : http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=265480

Can you describe the problem you have uploading caches to the 295W?

I was finally able to "write" caches to my nuvi, it sends them to the "favorites" under the "where to?" of the main menu. The earlier method I was trying to use involved GSAK but it wouldnt send the information to the unit. It kept saying cant find gpx. file in macro.

I do like how the cache is sent but it doesnt provide much information about the caches I send to the unit...can I get it to send more information and does it have to send it to the "favorites" section?

Thanks for any assistance. meh

I do like how the cache is sent but it doesnt provide much information about the caches I send to the unit...can I get it to send more information and does it have to send it to the "favorites" section?

Thanks for any assistance. meh

You can also load the Geocaches as Points of Interest.

I do own a registered copy of GSAK, but I tend to just drag and drop the gpx files to the right folder in the 295W and use the favorites method instead. At least this way I can see the cache symbol on the Nuvi's screen as I drive.

I was finally able to "write" caches to my nuvi, it sends them to the "favorites" under the "where to?" of the main menu. The earlier method I was trying to use involved GSAK but it wouldnt send the information to the unit. It kept saying cant find gpx. file in macro.

When a geocache is sent to the 295W as favorites, you do not see all the interesting bits of information. However, you can see it on the map no matter how far away you are.

When a geocache is sent to the 295W as a custom POI, using the GSAK macro, you get all the information. However, it will not appear on the map unless you are close enough (default 2000 ft).

The macro has some issues with folder names. If that is indeed what you are encountering, please post the exact error message you see (replace any user name with XXXX if you want to preserve anonymity) and we can start from there.

When a geocache is sent to the 295W as favorites, you do not see all the interesting bits of information. However, you can see it on the map no matter how far away you are.

When a geocache is sent to the 295W as a custom POI, using the GSAK macro, you get all the information. However, it will not appear on the map unless you are close enough (default 2000 ft).

The macro has some issues with folder names. If that is indeed what you are encountering, please post the exact error message you see (replace any user name with XXXX if you want to preserve anonymity) and we can start from there.

Stupendous Man,

I like the idea of seeing the caches on the map as we drive, I think that trying to use the GSAK macro just takes too long. So I will just keep a hard copy of information when we go searching for the caches.

If you have any other suggestions with using "favorites" please advice. Thanks for your input. meh