Souvenirs?

L8HNB

We recently received an email from TPTB that we had been awarded a Souvenir.

Now we've had these before, the first after going to the Mega in Perth and then one for attending the 10-10 event both last year, which is fine, but the email we got the other day awards us the Texas State Souvenir and I see we also have also aquired the Niedersachsen souvenir. Needless to say we've not been to Texas lately, or the other place for that matter!

I did have a look to see how we achieved such exaulted <_< status and also checked the main forum but it dosen't seem to explain why these have been awarded.

Personally we're not bothered but if the GS database thinks we have been to Texas then perhaps there is cause for concern?

Now we've had these before, the first after going to the Mega in Perth and then one for attending the 10-10 event both last year, which is fine, but the email we got the other day awards us the Texas State Souvenir and I see we also have also aquired the Niedersachsen souvenir. Needless to say we've not been to Texas lately, or the other place for that matter!

I did have a look to see how we achieved such exaulted <_< status and also checked the main forum but it dosen't seem to explain why these have been awarded.

Personally we're not bothered but if the GS database thinks we have been to Texas then perhaps there is cause for concern?

I was given the Texas one too the other day, I suspect it's because of an old locationless, or a couple of moving caches I've found.

I've also got a New Jersey one, which again I put down to the above.

Not going to worry about it as I'm not interested in the souvenirs.

Have you logged a find on one of the now 'defunct' locationless caches that originated in Texas? That's how I got a souvenir from Delaware :rolleyes:

Hello Gents - compliments of the new year!

That will be it then - we logged The Rock that Rolls at the 1st Mega too, perhaps the Niedersachsen one is from Fast Forward - Such den Bulli we got that one there too. It does seem a shame they don't mention why they are awarded with the write up.

I did see that on the other GS forum it was suggested the souvenirs might be a revenue stream as mobile phone users would have to pay to see them.

Hey-ho, many thanks.

Edit, hello Lady and Gents!

Edited by L8HNB

For some reason, I am getting the souvenir awards emails to an old email address (one I changed from a few months ago). I have no interest in the US and Germany state souvenirs which I think devalue some of the potentially more intersting/unique ones. If I could turn them off, I would do.