Channel Islands filter

Just looking at my GSAK database and realised that I am getting Channel Islands caches with my southern and southwest england PQs

Is there an exisiting filter somewhere? Easy to make one, but I am lazy!

The CountryStateCounty GSAK macro doesn't seem to label them with anything

Thanks

Edit:typo

Edited by macroderma

In the create PQ screens there is a box title WITHIN, click on country and select UK. This will then only show caches in the UK and ignore the Channel Islands (which appear under Jersey and Guernsey (and France.)

If you do ever go to the CI's don't forget to unselect it or you will not find any caches over there :rolleyes:

Edit for speeling ;)

Edited by gushoneybun

In the create PQ screens there is a box title WITHIN, click on country and select UK. This will then only show caches in the UK and ignore the Channel Islands (which appear under Jersey and Guernsey (and France.)

If you do ever go to the CI's don't forget to unselect it or you will not find any caches over there :rolleyes:

Edit for speeling ;)

Aha!!!

Thought there had to be an easy way!

Thanks - if I am ever lucky enough to get back there I will do a proper PQ of that area alone!

Guernsey and Jersey are in the "Countries selected" when setting up a PQ -The "Within" part.

Logic* says if you select "United Kingdom" the islands won't be in your PQ's...

*Disclaimer.

We are talking about America/Groundspeak/computer programming. It may not be that logical! :laughing:

There is also the fact cache setters have UK set as the country, rather than Guernsey or Jersey.

The Isle of Man is listed in the countries. A few years ago I noticed the Isle of Man came under the UK. I emailed Groundspeak and voila! Now listed in Countries on it's own (which it is). The Channel Island are separate also. The Isle of Man is only 17 miles from Scotland (nearest point) and as the Isle of Man is 30 miles long and I live in the South of the Island if I did a general Pocket Query from Home within 100 plus miles it would include some in Scotland and Ireland and maybe some in England and Wales. If I click on Isle of Man in the Countries list on a pocket Query it will ignore those on the other side of the Irish sea from me .

There is also the fact cache setters have UK set as the country, rather than Guernsey or Jersey.

Please let me know if there are any in Jersey and Guernsey with UK as the country. Couldn't find any when I looked.

None in Jersey - I have checked Google Maps against my PQ for Jersey. :D

Edited by Afterburned

Please let me know if there are any in Jersey and Guernsey with UK as the country. Couldn't find any when I looked.

More a case of "cache setters may have UK set as the country, rather than Guernsey or Jersey." Rather than they "definitely have..."

But, thanks for the offer!