Where do I put my pocket query zip file?

vparlier

Once I've run my pocket query, I save the zip file to what location? I have an Oregon 200. Do I put it in the Garmin/gpx folder? If so, once the zip file is in there, where do I extract the files to? Garmin/gpx or Garmin/gpx/pocketqueryname

Depends what you are using to put the pocket query info into your GPS.

My GPS is a Garmin 60CSX and I use GSAK to upload the pocket query info into my GPS. I created a file on my computer named "GSAK". When the pocket query comes into my email, I save the query, example 123456 to GSAK file. Then, using GSAK I will select "123456" and download the info, then using GSAK send that info to me GPS.

Once I've run my pocket query, I save the zip file to what location? I have an Oregon 200. Do I put it in the Garmin/gpx folder? If so, once the zip file is in there, where do I extract the files to? Garmin/gpx or Garmin/gpx/pocketqueryname

Depends what you are using to put the pocket query info into your GPS.

My GPS is a Garmin 60CSX and I use GSAK to upload the pocket query info into my GPS. I created a file on my computer named "GSAK". When the pocket query comes into my email, I save the query, example 123456 to GSAK file. Then, using GSAK I will select "123456" and download the info, then using GSAK send that info to me GPS.

I have a Folder called GPS and within that folder another called geocaches (/GPS/geocaches). I have quite a few PQs that I run but the two primary ones are one I called "NotYetFound" (all non-puzzle caches I have not found within 50 miles) and another called "Puzzles" which is just the puzzle caches. I save them as NotYetFound.zip and Puzzles.zip. I also use GSAK and use two separate databases for each of the queries. GSAK remembers which zip file goes with which database.

I also have several other PQs I run for area to the North, South, East, and West that extends the number of geocaches in that direction and I typically don't use them unless I know I'll be traveling in that direction. I also have a /gpx/geocaches/travel folder for pocket queries that I create and run when I'm traveling. Sometimes I'll create a unique GSAK database for those PQs and other times I just reuse a "travel" database. I always save PQs with a name that means something rather than the "random" number that is created by GS. For cache along a route PQs I use something like Itaca2Boston.zip. If I were to be driving from home to Boston and back for a short trip I'd do a Boston PQ (which might be filtered to a smaller area or filter out puzzle or multis or 1/1 caches) and a Ithaca2Boston caches along a route then combine them in one GSAK database.