Forum signature not showing up :(

MamaKatS

I must be doing SOMETHING wrong somewhere, but my signature isn't showing up on my posts. I also tried to change my forum status to say "Perpetually lost" (since I am, LOL) but that's not sticking, either.

I'm very familiar with internet forums, and haven't had a problem ever getting my siggy to "stick" before, LOL. Where am I messing up? :rolleyes:

I posted this over in Off Topic recently when someone asked the same question, this is how I made it work:

Go to your account page: http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx

In Your Profile box, at the top, click Edit

Scroll down a bit to Profile Details and fill in the Forum Signature box

At the very bottom of the page Save Changes

Then (this is the important bit) you must log out from the Forums completely. I closed the tab down too.

Then go back to the forums via the link on the left side of your profile page and log in again.

If that doesn't work then it's over to someone more techy than me! :lol:

MrsB <--- famous for being very un-techy

AAARRRGGGGHHHH! It didn't work.

Go here to do tests: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=178546

Actually, if it ever works, your signature will magically appear in your above replies. So keep an eye on them.

In addition to The Blorenges steps to fix Sig lines, try signing out of every Groundspeak/Geocaching place. Geocaching.com, the forums, Waymarking, anything that might be logged in. Then try to sign in again.

I changed mine just now, and can't get it to not work. If you get yours working PLEASE post anything extra that you did (or even if it just fixed itself for no reason). It might help the next person who has this issue.

Edited by kunarion

In addition to The Blorenges steps to fix Sig lines, try signing out of every Groundspeak/Geocaching place. Geocaching.com, the forums, Waymarking, anything that might be logged in. Then try to sign in again.

Thought I would pass this on:

I was having a heck of a time.

Then I remembered that I had bookmarked this sit twice.

Once for cache searches, the other for the homepage. I deleted them as bookmarks (they will return!) and now have a nifty sig and avatar. I think I have 'em.

Hey, the crackers with my soup have "Premium" printed on the wrapper. Premium crackers for a premium member.

Huh. And I thought my shrink was lying when he said I was a premium cracker.

Edited by skullsoup432

Looks like another small success for forumeers - MamaKatO's got her sig line up. :)

MrsB

Yep, finally! I even *edited* it a couple times, and it STILL cooperated. :o:D I think the trick is logging out of Geocaching.com AND logging out of the forums, both, and then re-logging back in. Although I'd done that multiple times before, with no luck, but if at first you don't succeed.... ;) Eventually it worked, or SOMETHING worked.

Thanx, everyone, for your help! B)