A movie dedicated to geocaching !

psykadelik

Hi everybody !!!

I am the owner of several caches and was contacted last year by a movie maker in order to help them to produce a fantastic/thriler movie dedicated to geocaching ...

The production team just send me the trailer and the website of the movie ... It is impressive ... I enjoy and I am proud that they choose one of my cache for the movie ...

Here is the links:

http://www.rothenbergmovie.com/ for the french version

http://www.rothenbergmovie.com/en/index-en.htm for the english version

I think you will be interested by the movie.

To have news about the movie I add the tp my friends on Facebook ... You can do the same.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001281776908

I hope it will coming soon to cinema !!!

By,

Psykadelik!

I don't have information concerning the movie ... They keep the secret ... I just know that the movie is based on geocaching ...

Based on the trailer, the only connection I see is that that were caching when they got lost, that's it. I would hardly say it's based on geocaching. It's based on it about as much as Splinterhead was maybe.

I don't have information concerning the movie ... They keep the secret ... I just know that the movie is based on geocaching ...

You certainly couldn't tell that from the trailer. Sure, there was one sequence where the word geocaching appeared but it could just of easily have said "chess". It was sort of like watching one of those television commercials when at the end you have no idea what they were trying to sell.

I'm sorry but Geocaching is a fun, exciting and usually positive game played by many. It looks like they are just using to idea of caching as their plot and then twisting it into their own story. In my opinion it's just bad publicity for a family fun highly respectable game.

I don't mean any disrespect to the movie makers, I am sure they worked very hard to put this film together and it's probably quite entertaining for you horror fans. It's just not for me... <_<

Edited by snapshot7

I'm sorry but Geocaching is a fun, exciting and usually positive game played by many. It looks like they are just using to idea of caching as their plot and then twisting it into their own story. In my opinion it's just bad publicity for a family fun highly respectable game.

I don't mean any disrespect to the movie makers, I am sure they worked very hard to put this film together and it's probably quite entertaining for you horror fans. It's just not for me... <_<

Summer camp is fun, exciting and positive experience. Jason Voorhees hasn't stopped me from going to camp.

am sorry to say, but as a geocacher, I see almost no value in the movie. Horror films may like it, but just because some geocachers got stuck in the woods and then bad things happened to them...how is this about geocaching? You could make a horror film about mountain hikers, or basketweavers, or scuba divers, or cake makers. This movie does not seem "dedicated" to geocaching in any way to me minus an excuse to use the name.

Tough crowd. I don't suppose some of you realize it could have been some translation error when it was mentioned that the movie was dedicated or about geocaching? Well, we all don't really know too much because we haven't seen it have we? :lol:

Anyway, I appreciate the heads up Psykadelik. It's always interesting to see where geocaching pops up these days.

A more correct title of the topic could be ... A thriller based on geocaching ...

How about.....A thriller based on some kids who got lost while geocaching...

From the looks of the trailer, they could have just been jumping rope in the forest and it wouldn't have changed much of the concept.