12 steps

TNT-1087

So... I just discovered Geocaching this past Saturday. It seems I am an addict already. Where would one find the closest 12 step program :)

Really, just a note to say hi. I have been on vacation all week and a friend told me about her new hobby. I immediately rushed home and looked it up. Went out immediately and found nada at the first stop, but eventually (at night in the dark) found two. Don't worry they were safe well lit areas very close to home.

The next day my daughter and I (college student) were able to find i think 4 more, and had two DNF.... bummer, we will be out again as the weather clears up. Makes me sad I have to go bac to work so soon...

T

Hi. My Name is Leonard Banks and I am a Geocacher.

I am a month away from my 1 year anniversary. That first Saturday I used the free iPhone app. After finding my first cache the app showed the next one a few miles away. I looked up the website on my phone and it showed so many more. Some within the same park. I bought the full app right from the field and haven't looked back.

This Christmas I got my first real GPSr and it has already helped out tremendously.

In 2 weeks I'll be attending a cacher's support group Cacheapalooza 5 .

Happy caching. There is no cure.

Edited by LeonardBanks

Thanks for the friendly welcomes :)

It's sad that I am more bummed about the day after the rain because of mud than the fact that a day of my vacation rained out .....

Daughter likes the SWAG too, she thinks it is funny. I think it is great to see what people leave behind.

As far as the app, bought it and became a member all in 24 hours..... LOL ;)

Thanks for the friendly welcomes :)

It's sad that I am more bummed about the day after the rain because of mud than the fact that a day of my vacation rained out .....

Daughter likes the SWAG too, she thinks it is funny. I think it is great to see what people leave behind.

As far as the app, bought it and became a member all in 24 hours..... LOL ;)

Ahhhhh, Haaaaaa ... barn boots caching soul ...

Welcome to this zany activity enjoy the journey

Welcome to the obsession! I'm a new cacher, too, with all of five finds to my name, LOL. I'm directionally-challenged and technologically impaired - this is probably the last hobby anyone who knows me would think I'd latch onto. But, I'm having a blast and obsess over which caches I'm going to hunt once the weekend finally hits. ;-) I've heard there is no cure for this, which is fine, because I don't wanna be cured. :rolleyes:

Enjoy!

Let me know when you find one because I think I'm going to need it to. I got introduced to it this past weekend while up north visiting family. I was so excited to get home and start. My family and I stopped for the night on the ride back so out of curiosity I checked this site to see what was close and there happened to be one right next to the hotel. I had a hard time getting to sleep I was so excited to start caching. I used my car gps to find it. Good luck with your addiction.

LOL at Harry Dolphin's answer.

How this is done is,

(1)Go find your first 12 caches, (steps) (2)then go find 12 more, (3)repeat step 2 until you are healed.

i agree with this post

:P Thats Great.... and... I am so glad it is friday so I can find 6 more cahces this weekend to make my first 12 :) well maybe... but i do have to get to at least one so i can release the lil travel bug i found

My name is TNT and I am an addict :D (already)