Welcome to new cachers in IN, IL & KY

hoosier guy

hey

got a question. new to this hobby and web site. so i want to hind a cache i know how to do all that and filling out the form online, but where do I get the strange code with all the letters and number that are shown in the search pages of the web site for caches to be found? i have a member number but it's just numbers no letters.

i haven't as yet placed my new hide cache.

Also i can't seem to find the right place to go to add a new topic for the forum, i found it once by accident but can't remeber where or how to call it up again.

also how do i download coordinents from web site finds to my garmin 60csx and what do i need to do that? :unsure:

can you help.

Roller Man-southern IN :D

hey

got a question. new to this hobby and web site. so i want to hind a cache i know how to do all that and filling out the form online, but where do I get the strange code with all the letters and number that are shown in the search pages of the web site for caches to be found? i have a member number but it's just numbers no letters.

i haven't as yet placed my new hide cache.

Also i can't seem to find the right place to go to add a new topic for the forum, i found it once by accident but can't remeber where or how to call it up again.

also how do i download coordinents from web site finds to my garmin 60csx and what do i need to do that? :unsure:

can you help.

Roller Man-southern IN :D

So many questions.

A lot of these can be answered in Getting Started, but I'll have a go...

so i want to hind a cache i know how to do all that and filling out the form online, but where do I get the strange code with all the letters and number that are shown in the search pages of the web site for caches to be found?
Those GC Codes are auto-generated when the cache is submitted. They're sequential - kinda. link to more info

From the forum you want to post, look in the upper right-hand corner. Icon that says "Start a New Topic"

also how do i download coordinents from web site finds to my garmin 60csx and what do i need to do that?
Premium Membership and Pocket Queries

Hey Roller!

Good to hear from another Hoosier. I see by your found cache that you are a bit north of me. There is a pretty stong caching community up there. They have held several events recently. Are you going to make it to the Spring Mill SP event on 2/2/11?

Take care & happy caching!

Hoosier Guy

Hey Roller!

Good to hear from another Hoosier. I see by your found cache that you are a bit north of me. There is a pretty stong caching community up there. They have held several events recently. Are you going to make it to the Spring Mill SP event on 2/2/11?

Take care & happy caching!

Hoosier Guy

Yo hoosier guy

I would like to attend that event to see what goes on. so what does go on at these events? How can I contact local cachers around the Nasville area? Hey been looking at some of the cache listing/maps and there are still a lot of places close to Nashville to hide stuff. I've Lived here many years and know lots of public places. I hide a couple of caches yesterday out in Hoosier natl forest down by Becks Grove road, beautiful area to explore. I take my 2 labs with me alot too.

Have a great day Roller Man :)

The Spring Mill event is pretty low key. They have several caches set up in a series around the park. (plus there are some other good ones there. You Just go to the Inn and get the ords for the first one. Then each cache will have the ords for another in it and so on and so on until you find them all. Then you can go get some cornmeal pie at the Inn! LOL Here is the event code - GC2G5CJ. Plug that into the "hide & seek a cache" page on geocaching.com and you'll get all the info.

Bloomington Geocachers has a group on Google Groups and there are a bunch of good folks involved in that group. Bet you could find some Nashville cachers through them. That is such a great place up there. Love that park & the town.

Check out southern Indiana geocachers of facebook if ya get the chance. Hope to meet you at Spring Mill.

Happy Caching,

Hoosier Guy