Voice Activated Geo cache

Hi you all. Me and my daughter have made a voice activated Geo cache and put instructions on how it was made on instructables.comWe thought you might like to know how we did it( and we also wanted a way to deflect people from trying to open the mechanics when they found it). The cache is named "paradise syndrom". We have entered the instructions into the Epilog challange and would appreciate all comments and votes. Thanks -Russell and Julie

The link was broken, here is the proper one: http://www.instructables.com

Pretty cool idea, although that Speech Recognition Circuit Kit isn't cheap.

Your right its not cheap but some of the other chips we found were 200 for just the chips and then you had to figure out how to program and use them yourself.

All and all it was a Father daughter electronics project and was worth the bonding experiance for us. Thanks for the right link and for viewing our post. Russell

The link was broken, here is the proper one: http://www.instructables.com

Pretty cool idea, although that Speech Recognition Circuit Kit isn't cheap.

Your right its not cheap but some of the other chips we found were 200 for just the chips and then you had to figure out how to program and use them yourself.

All and all it was a Father daughter electronics project and was worth the bonding experiance for us. Thanks for the right link and for viewing our post. Russell

Really cool. I hope it doesn't get stolen or broken. I'd be so worried!

Really cool. I hope it doesn't get stolen or broken. I'd be so worried!

Well It Got broke the 1st day but it was because we didnt account for the cold shrinking one of our parts that was made with rubber and it moved so that it couldnt unlatch. But we Picked it back up and had a friend weld us a peice that works better anyways and wont budge no matter what. We also have it hidden in a place where we feel that if you werent looking for it you wouldnt find it. So really were just trusting our fellow cachers to be gentle with it, and we feel that most everyone is serious enough about it to not to just take it or break it open on purpose. So far so good I gusse. Thanks for commenting and if you wanna see how we made it dont forget to go to the instructables web site

Someone sent me the link to that a couple days ago. My first reaction was "Wow! Cool! But it seems like a lot of money to spend on what looks like a pipe bomb. . ."

If it gets discovered by a muggle, you aren't going to have to worry about parts expanding & contracting, you're going to have to worry about parts exploding when they call the bomb squad.

Still, really cool!

Thanks BlueDeuce!!!

My "Talk to me" is a bit different.

It appears to be a "Bird House" - NOT!

The structure is made from 3/8" plexi-glass.

The "Speach Recognition" portion of this is something very unique.

All that is required is, you find the Cache (easy) and say "SuperGoober".

The door on the front of the "Bird House" flops open to reveal the Cache!

Here are a couple cool video's of people that have found this Cache:

-

-

-

The *special* part to this is this IS a LOW maintenance High-Tech Cache.

Someone sent me the link to that a couple days ago. My first reaction was "Wow! Cool! But it seems like a lot of money to spend on what looks like a pipe bomb. . ."

If it gets discovered by a muggle, you aren't going to have to worry about parts expanding & contracting, you're going to have to worry about parts exploding when they call the bomb squad.

Still, really cool!

It is well marked as being a Geo cache and the back door which is close by has the standard this is a geo cache heres how you play along with a way to open it. So we feel like weve done as good of a job as everyone else to defer the muggles from taking or being alarmed by it.

Thanks BlueDeuce!!!

My "Talk to me" is a bit different.

It appears to be a "Bird House" - NOT!

The structure is made from 3/8" plexi-glass.

The "Speach Recognition" portion of this is something very unique.

All that is required is, you find the Cache (easy) and say "SuperGoober".

The door on the front of the "Bird House" flops open to reveal the Cache!

Here are a couple cool video's of people that have found this Cache:

-

-

-

The *special* part to this is this IS a LOW maintenance High-Tech Cache.

Oh realy I thought you had to have a voice recorder and sometimes had to open it yourself?

I am too i could spend days pouring over everything I could make. It has also been a realy usefull resource i learned how to screenprint and how to make a sock monkey amoung lots of other things. I am glad you liked the instructables I took alot of time putting it together hoping it would be easy to re-create for even the beginers in electronics like me. My father r-of-clan-gunn did the design and I put it together from his drawings and instructions then I made the instructables. We had so much fun doing it. It was really my christmas present, bothe the money to make it and the valuable face time with my father.