Mardi Gras Masquerade Multi Event

avroair

Extremely disappointed in the German mask coin sale that just occurred. I had the quantities in my shopping cart, was on the PayPal page, hit confirm payment and then I was denied, stating the coin was sold out. <_<

I wasn't because I was late to the sale, either. I refreshed the page until I could add to my cart. I had my order in in less than 2 minutes from the sale start, but was denied. Not fair at all. If it's in my cart, I should have been locked in. There was no delay between the cart and PayPal.

Same thing happened to me. Hit Pay Now IN PAYPAL and was sent back to a sold out coin page.

Guess I'll post this here too and add the German Coins to my mask seeking list!

I would love to trade some of my extra Mardi Gras Masquerade Geocoins for other versions.

Looking for:

1. Artist Edition - Ronaldo

2. Seattle V1

3. Seattle V2

4. Minnesota

5. Pittsburgh

6. Texas

7. Netherlands

8. Carolina

9. Germany (Red & White)

10. Germany (multi-color)

I have the following for trade:

1. California (Anne.and.Eli Red, Black & White Edition)

2. New York - in California (Vanelle edition)

3. Utah

4. Geoswag (Blue & White Edition)

Please e-mail me through our profile!

Thanks for looking :)

Edited by the4dirtydogs

Extremely disappointed in the German mask coin sale that just occurred. I had the quantities in my shopping cart, was on the PayPal page, hit confirm payment and then I was denied, stating the coin was sold out. <_<

I wasn't because I was late to the sale, either. I refreshed the page until I could add to my cart. I had my order in in less than 2 minutes from the sale start, but was denied. Not fair at all. If it's in my cart, I should have been locked in. There was no delay between the cart and PayPal.

How long were the coins on sale before selling out? 150 Geocoins is quiet a few to sell out quickly. Has anyone contacted the store order to confirm there wasn't an issue with the site concerning the coin sale?

Edited by Team kizb

How long were the coins on sale before selling out? 150 Geocoins is quiet a few to sell out quickly. Has anyone contacted the store order to confirm there wasn't an issue with the site concerning the coin sale?

The sale was supposed to start at exactly 6:18pm time in Germany (12.18pm my time, Eastern US). When I refreshed at 6:17pm, the purchase buttons were activated. From what I can tell, they literally sold out 150 coins in less than 3 minutes. I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one who seemed to have had a bad experience. Edited by Azure Sky

Same thing happened to me. Hit Pay Now IN PAYPAL and was sent back to a sold out coin page.

Exactly! I was waiting for the "you have made a $$ payment to XXX" message I usually get. I was confused when this didn't happen and checked my PayPal account to see NO transaction was processed. I guess being fast on the draw is still not fast enough. Oh well. Don't think I will be doing anymore business there; left too bitter taste in my mouth. :sad:

The sale was supposed to start at exactly 6:18pm time in Germany (12.18pm my time, Eastern US). When I refreshed at 6:17pm, the purchase buttons were activated. From what I can tell, they literally sold out 150 coins in less than 3 minutes. I feel a little better knowing I'm not the only one who seemed to have had a bad experience.

150 coins sold out in 3 min? <_< Something doesn't sound right.

Edited by Team kizb

There must have been a LOT of people hovering over their computers for this. I've never seen something sell out so fast. I blinked and it was over. :blink: Thought I was safe hitting the "pay now" button but nope.

I sent an e-mail to Sepp & Berta. Maybe the order went through and we just need to pay!! One can hope right???:laughing:

That sure sounds like the coin sales of olden times. We hit the f5 button until the sale started. Then if you were lucky and quick enough they didn't disappear

Boy - that does bring back memories... often with the end result of web sites crashing! :laughing:

Ah - the good old days...

There must have been a LOT of people hovering over their computers for this. I've never seen something sell out so fast. I blinked and it was over. :blink: Thought I was safe hitting the "pay now" button but nope.

Ah... the days of early 2006 where F5 was your friend... :blink: just ask Mauison!

Not fair at all. If it's in my cart, I should have been locked in. There was no delay between the cart and PayPal.

I feel your pain (about 50 coins over actually)... I have missed so many sales. I assure you the sales don't go that fast in the US.

Very true. I think I'll stick to sellers this side of the ocean from now on. There are enough beautiful coins here to choose from! :D

Not quite sure, if it is correct to post here, but anyway:

I will have one German multicolour version left for a trade. The last one I am looking for (at least for the timebeing :D ) is the Geoswag Club Coin, preferably the complete set with the pin.

Please mail to michael (at) altissa-museum.de, if somebody is interested in that trade.

Michael

I just put up a Mardi Gras German Edition geocoin up on Ebay for charity.

The final sales price will be sent to the Red Cross to help the tsunami victims in Japan. I'll pay all eBay fees, all Paypal fees, and free shipping anywhere in the world.

Mardi Gras German Edition

Very generous of you! Though I will most likely be outbid, I will definitely put in a bid. Good luck on the sale!

e-mail sent.

Loooove the peacock mask in the pic! :lol:

I was going to do peacock colors for a mask later this year... :ph34r: People liked sample C, I had a couple of offers to buy the sample but instead sent it back to geoswag. They gave the go ahead to make it for the Summer Solstice, June 21st. Even though they still have mask pins on their website, I was considering doing a matching mask to go with.

e-mail sent.

Loooove the peacock mask in the pic! :lol:

I was going to do peacock colors for a mask later this year... :ph34r: People liked sample C, I had a couple of offers to buy the sample but instead sent it back to geoswag. They gave the go ahead to make it for the Summer Solstice, June 21st. Even though they still have mask pins on their website, I was considering doing a matching mask to go with.

That would be awesome! I'll have to keep an eye out for this one. I think it would be great to have a matching pin with the Summer solstice version - even if I had to pay a separate charge (like the Utah version).

Does anyone have a comprehensive list of the Venetian Mask coins?!

Thanks!

rhodesisland

Have you read this entire thread? The list has been repeated and updated several times through out the thread. See post 243.

keewee, I didn't not read all (how many hundreds??) of the posts, so thanks for the number! Now, you got any connections to get me some of the masks I'm missing?? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!

Thanks!

rhodesisland

Have you read this entire thread? The list has been repeated and updated several times through out the thread. See post 243.

keewee, I didn't not read all (how many hundreds??) of the posts, so thanks for the number! Now, you got any connections to get me some of the masks I'm missing?? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink!!

um...maybe I'm still confused, but I don't understand the post numbering system, cuz I see my post as number 202!???

Thanks!

rhodesisland

um...maybe I'm still confused, but I don't understand the post numbering system, cuz I see my post as number 202!???

OK, that would be weird as I see you last post as #291. Are you filtering the thread some how?

I have spares of 3 versions. Not sure what my plans are for them as of yet.

Sorry for our late reply but we noticed this thread just now.

There is a reason why coins in the cart can not be locked in, which is a reasonable setting of the shop. Imagine somebody puts all coins that are available in the cart and then doesn't proceed to check out. What happens is that all coins are locked for other customers and nobody can purchase them anymore. That would be a big problem.

In fact all coins (50 red white and 100 GC color) were really sold in about 3 minutes. When we had a look at the site during the sale start we saw about 180 customers that had been online!

Sorry again, but there is not much we can do about this.

Many greetings,

Sepp & Berta

Sorry for our late reply but we noticed this thread just now.

There is a reason why coins in the cart can not be locked in, which is a reasonable setting of the shop. Imagine somebody puts all coins that are available in the cart and then doesn't proceed to check out. What happens is that all coins are locked for other customers and nobody can purchase them anymore. That would be a big problem.

In fact all coins (50 red white and 100 GC color) were really sold in about 3 minutes. When we had a look at the site during the sale start we saw about 180 customers that had been online!

Sorry again, but there is not much we can do about this.

Many greetings,

Sepp & Berta