Mardi Gras Masquerade Multi Event

avroair

version C, anyone know where that one is going, which event?

Those were samples made before any of the event organizers picked our colors...so, I doubt that any of those were minted for any of the events (except maybe Mark's, since he was involved in minting them).

Could be the geoswag or club version as well.

Ok, so here is mint artwork for the versions, I don't have artwork for the Dutch or German versions:

eb92f82d-28af-4631-8b70-254935178666.jpg

Column 1:

artist edition

california (vanelle's)

seattle v2

geoswag club

geoswag

michigan

minnesota

Column 2:

utah

carolinas

seattle v1

michigan v2

texas

pittsburgh

california (anne.and.eli)

Of the original samples sheet, A and F are California and B is Seattle (with tweaks), C, D and E were not used.

version C, anyone know where that one is going, which event?

Those were samples made before any of the event organizers picked our colors...so, I doubt that any of those were minted for any of the events (except maybe Mark's, since he was involved in minting them).

Correct Vanelle and Anne.and.Eli did a few samples before we had knuckled down all the design elements --- C was not used although I have the sample at home.

It will be in Cologne / Koeln of course where we have our Cologne Carnival Season.

Due to the carnival hightime, march 3rd-8th, the event will probably be hold march 11th.

Before the room capacity is very rare.

The listing will be set up soon.

Took ya a while to respond! :P

Germany will have 2 versions:

v1

bdc322bc-fd64-4295-804b-6263456441cf.jpg

v2

48974327-7366-46d9-9355-9b5010a94ffc.jpg

wow! i want to go to germany! stunning colours!

Hi RedshoesGirl,

You are more than welcomed!

Come in august to the GCF2011 EU and I will keep you one of each edition.

btw, the event will be online after tomorrow, because tomorrow I have an event going on and I don`t want to bring out the next one before this one is over. Have a look into it. It`ll be fun, because it will be right after the local carnival procession is over.

here are 2 pictures from our last years carnival procession

1cc4392a-edb6-4bb0-b2e3-898b029a394a.jpg

825baabf-b7e7-46e1-a64f-1392fc60d692.jpg

that is really fun

Germany will have 2 versions:

v1

bdc322bc-fd64-4295-804b-6263456441cf.jpg

v2

48974327-7366-46d9-9355-9b5010a94ffc.jpg

wow! i want to go to germany! stunning colours!

Hi RedshoesGirl,

You are more than welcomed!

Come in august to the GCF2011 EU and I will keep you one of each edition.

btw, the event will be online after tomorrow, because tomorrow I have an event going on and I don`t want to bring out the next one before this one is over. Have a look into it. It`ll be fun, because it will be right after the local carnival procession is over.

here are 2 pictures from our last years carnival procession

1cc4392a-edb6-4bb0-b2e3-898b029a394a.jpg

825baabf-b7e7-46e1-a64f-1392fc60d692.jpg

that is really fun

it looks like a blast! are the colours translucent enamel?

One of the California versions arrived today! :D (The others are being sent to Vanelle)

They turned out really well, great job avroair! I had to snap a picture of these LARGE coins!

california.jpg

Hello operator find me a flight to California, Please :)

Great job on the colors Anne :D

Can't wait to see what Vanelle has in store for us

One of the California versions arrived today! :D (The others are being sent to Vanelle)

They turned out really well, great job avroair! I had to snap a picture of these LARGE coins!

california.jpg

It looks very nice! Wish I had realized we could color the face as I would have done mine a bit differently.

It looks very nice! Wish I had realized we could color the face as I would have done mine a bit differently.

Is it ink or is it black nickel, making the coin two tone?

Not sure as it could be black nickel on gold. I just thought we could only do two tone on the features around the eyes and nose and not the other way around.

Wowza! They're all absolutely gorgeous! The one marked for geoswag - I'm assuming this version is the one that will be available to the general public? I got notification and a pic of the club coin, and the color scheme is slightly different. Thanks for posting these pics for all to see!

I think so, ...so i'll have at least these two! :)

Wowza! They're all absolutely gorgeous! The one marked for geoswag - I'm assuming this version is the one that will be available to the general public? I got notification and a pic of the club coin, and the color scheme is slightly different. Thanks for posting these pics for all to see!

i joined the club but haven't received any notification yet. hope it all went through ok!

i joined the club but haven't received any notification yet. hope it all went through ok!

Not to confuse anyone, by "notification", I mean that I get regular e-mails from them when new stuff is available or there's a sale going on. A pic of the club version of the coin was part of the mailing. I could send it to you, if you'd like. ;) . I don't usually get notified when they send a coin to me; it usually just shows up on my doorstep. Like a nice surprise, most of the time.

As long as you join the Geoswag club before January 27th, you will get their version. I believe you have to sign up for a minimum of a 3-month membership tho.

no minimum number of months which is cool. that is the other club. i checked and i indeed signed up in time for february coin. as long as you sign up the month before you get the next month's coin.

As long as you join the Geoswag club before January 27th, you will get their version. I believe you have to sign up for a minimum of a 3-month membership tho.

no minimum number of months which is cool. that is the other club. i checked and i indeed signed up in time for february coin. as long as you sign up the month before you get the next month's coin.

I was quoting their last email blast referring to the masquerade coin. It said 3-month minimum membership (see below)

Venetian Mask Geocoin & Pin Set

Only available to club members. We ask new members to sign up for a minimum of 3 months by clicking on the link below or on the photo. Payment must be received by the 27th of January, 2011 to receive this coin.

Edited by AtlantaGal