Mardi Gras Masquerade Multi Event

avroair

I have watched these coins on ebay and think there are two different Union Jack coins. One is gold with black nickel on the face highlights and the other is gold with nickel highlights. Can someone tell me why the difference?

I may be wrong (I often am), but I don't think there are two different versions. I think the pics on ebay from one particular seller are just a bit washed out, making the black nickel look lighter.

I have watched these coins on ebay and think there are two different Union Jack coins. One is gold with black nickel on the face highlights and the other is gold with nickel highlights. Can someone tell me why the difference?

I may be wrong (I often am), but I don't think there are two different versions. I think the pics on ebay from one particular seller are just a bit washed out, making the black nickel look lighter.

I confirmed with one seller that it is black nickel on the face highlights like his picture shows. The other sellers have not yet gotten back with me.

I confirmed with one seller that it is black nickel on the face highlights like his picture shows. The other sellers have not yet gotten back with me.

One of the other sellers got back to me and said that the face highlights on his coin are nickel. Soooo looks like a black nickel on gold coin and a nickel on gold coin. Was one specific for the Olympics or something? There are just too many variations of these....

One of the other sellers got back to me and said that the face highlights on his coin are nickel. Soooo looks like a black nickel on gold coin and a nickel on gold coin. Was one specific for the Olympics or something? There are just too many variations of these....

Ladybee, did you find this brushed nickel UK coin at the Swag place?

I found one on ebay. A little pricey, too. Don't have the coin in hand yet, but the picture clearly shows the face with nickel (not black nickel) on it. We'll see when it comes! Don't know why they are different and can't find an explanation. The one with black nickel on the face is still on sale at geoswag.com.

I found one on ebay. A little pricey, too. Don't have the coin in hand yet, but the picture clearly shows the face with nickel (not black nickel) on it. We'll see when it comes! Don't know why they are different and can't find an explanation. The one with black nickel on the face is still on sale at geoswag.com.

I'm still not sure that the one at the swag place is different from what I already have, but I'll gamble the $ on it and IF it is a repeat I'll just donate at the next geoevent in my area.

I'm still not sure that the one at the swag place is different from what I already have, but I'll gamble the $ on it and IF it is a repeat I'll just donate at the next geoevent in my area.

got my interest too...the original union jack I received was the BN on gold...i'll post pictures of both when i have them in hand...pardon typos the last couple of weeks...typing with a broken wrist

ILYK

got my interest too...the original union jack I received was the BN on gold...i'll post pictures of both when i have them in hand...pardon typos the last couple of weeks...typing with a broken wrist

ILYK

Sorry to hear about your wrist! :sad: Kinda makes your job hard, huh!

Where did you find one of them that is NOT black nickel?

Here is the pic of the UJ coin now available at "the swag place". It seems a bit different to me--notice the flowers on the hat--but that might be just lighting.

Oopss....I forgot that I don't know how to add pictures from my computer....well see it here: http://www.geoswag.com/venetian-mask-union-jack.html

BTW, can someone tell me how to add pics to a post?!?!

:)

Edited by rhodesisland

I had not been paying much attention to these because there have been SO many different versions. I was looking for something on ebay and the Union Jack masks caught my eye. Money is really tight but I really like the red white and blue so thought I might bid just this once. That's when I saw the two different ones. The black nickel ones are from geoswag. The only place I have seen the nickel ones has been ebay but I wasn't watching them so I have no idea where they came from. The only thing I could think of was a special edition for the Olympics. But they are too pricey for me. There were 3 different sellers which I first realized there were different coins and all three confirmed to me which version they have. Two have the nickel and one the black nickel

This is the one I have that was purchased from geoswag.

30fbc7aa-02ff-495f-8d68-f694fe31320b.jpg

And this is the image of the other one from ebay.

5bd287d0-57ea-40a0-a173-a76aab795d3f.jpg

They sure look different.

When the Union Jacks first came out on the Swag place, I purchased one. The recent posts have made me go back and question what I actually own. The one that was shipped to me was the nickel version or the second coin pictured. It looks like the swag place has sold two different versions of the Union Jack coin.

This is the one I have that was purchased from geoswag.

30fbc7aa-02ff-495f-8d68-f694fe31320b.jpg

And this is the image of the other one from ebay.

5bd287d0-57ea-40a0-a173-a76aab795d3f.jpg

They sure look different.

When the Union Jacks first came out on the Swag place, I purchased one. The recent posts have made me go back and question what I actually own. The one that was shipped to me was the nickel version or the second coin pictured. It looks like the swag place has sold two different versions of the Union Jack coin.

Interesting!

Today I received the Union Jack that I purchased on ebay. Having both in hand now I can say, without a doubt, that there are two different versions of this coin. The only difference between them is that one has black nickel on the face and the other one doesn't (just plain nickel). Strange!

You can see pics of the two versions in post #614.

Edited by steben6

After discovering that there are two different Union Jack Coins, I proceeded to order what I thought was the black nickel version that is posted on the Swag place. However, when I opened the package today, I was sent another nickel version coin. Instead of contacting the Swag place and trying to have it corrected, I decided to try my luck here first. If there is anyone who has an extra black nickel version that would be willing to trade for the nickel Union Jack, please contact me. I would rather trade with a fellow collector.

My first UJ mask from the Swag place (pre-ordered) had the black nickel on the face. After hearing there might be another one, I went back there and ordered another from them. This second one does NOT have the black nickel.

I also read here that there were some for sale at the eplace. Looking at the pictures there, they appeared to also be nickel on the face not black; so I bought one of those too. It also does NOT have black on its face.

There are definitely two different UJ coins and the swag place has had both.

Anyone have an explanation!?

Edited by rhodesisland

After discovering that there are two different Union Jack Coins, I proceeded to order what I thought was the black nickel version that is posted on the Swag place. However, when I opened the package today, I was sent another nickel version coin. Instead of contacting the Swag place and trying to have it corrected, I decided to try my luck here first. If there is anyone who has an extra black nickel version that would be willing to trade for the nickel Union Jack, please contact me. I would rather trade with a fellow collector.

no. but I also now have a second nickel version! Let's put them up on the eplace and see whose sells for more! :laughing:

no. but I also now have a second nickel version! Let's put them up on the eplace and see whose sells for more! :laughing:

I found another collector who was willing to trade! I don't know what is happening at the Swag place?!

Here is the thread about the Mardi Gras Masks

Mardi Gras Masks

I THINK these are all of them:

1. Artist Edition Reinaldo

2. California

3. Carolina

4. Michigan v1 (blue/red/purple)

5. Michigan v2 (purple/green/yellow)

6. Germany v1 -geocaching colors

7. Germany v2 -red/white

8. Minnesota

9. New York

10. Netherlands

11. Pittsburg

12. Seattle v1 -purple/gold

13. Seattle v2 (Washington - Green/black/white)

14. Texas

15. Geoswag – public – Blue/white

16. Geoswag – Club- yellow/blue/purple

17. Utah

18. Cinco de Mayo

19. Summer Solstice

20. SEPP and BERTA

21. Halloween

22. Christmas

23. Union Jack w/ Silver on Face

24. Union Jack with Black Nickel on Face

25. Pirate

26. Groundspeak HQ Block Party

27. Ronaldo AE v. 2

Here is the thread about the Mardi Gras Masks

Mardi Gras Masks

I THINK these are all of them:

2. California

3. Carolina

7. Germany v2 -red/white

8. Minnesota

9. New York

10. Netherlands

11. Pittsburg

14. Texas

17. Utah

18. Cinco de Mayo

19. Summer Solstice

20. SEPP and BERTA

21. Halloween

22. Christmas

25. Pirate

27. Ronaldo AE v. 2

That is all of them plus the two pins.

We still anxiously await the "Lump of Coal" version. :laughing:

Hi!!

I am looking for the Venetian Mask New York Satin Gold Geocoin , If you have for sale plz contact me THNX !!!

chadfawns@hotmail.com

LynxQc : Geocaching.com

There is one on ebay right now, but the bidding ends in about a half hour and it's up to $66.00 already!

Wow - it went for $73.00! At that price I think I will sell mine!

Edited by keewee

Hi!!

I am looking for the Venetian Mask New York Satin Gold Geocoin , If you have for sale plz contact me THNX !!!

chadfawns@hotmail.com

LynxQc : Geocaching.com

There is one on ebay right now, but the bidding ends in about a half hour and it's up to $66.00 already!

Wow - it went for $73.00! At that price I think I will sell mine!

Ebay is so fickle. I sold a NY one in late November and it only went for $19.49.

There is now a new version, created for Ulm!

2. California

3. Carolina

7. Germany v2 -red/white

8. Minnesota

9. New York

10. Netherlands

11. Pittsburg

14. Texas

17. Utah

18. Cinco de Mayo

19. Summer Solstice

20. SEPP and BERTA

21. Halloween

22. Christmas

25. Pirate

27. Ronaldo AE v. 2

28. Ulm 2014

1. Artist Edition Ronaldo

2. California

3. Carolina

7. Germany v2 -red/white

8. Minnesota

9. New York

10. Netherlands

11. Pittsburg

14. Texas

17. Utah

18. Cinco de Mayo

19. Summer Solstice

20. SEPP and BERTA

21. Halloween

22. Christmas

25. Pirate

27. Ronaldo AE v2

28. Ulm 2014

1943fa13-db2f-43ef-97f4-aab9d694b26a.jpg

9a60a502-0089-43ed-a6b9-4b7da151b829.jpg

Edited by steben6

Just in case, someone has a spare coin of the Ulm version, please, let me know. I really would like to keep my mask collection complete ;)

There are now a few of these up on the Geoswag Web Page for purchase.

Click Here.

Just ordered my Ulm version from the Swag place! Still wish we could get an all black version made!

Also still need a pin from the Dressel Dragons' event, if anyone has one.

Just in case, someone has a spare coin of the Ulm version, please, let me know. I really would like to keep my mask collection complete ;)

Click Here.

Just ordered my Ulm version from the Swag place! Still wish we could get an all black version made!

I totally agree about the black (Lump of Coal) version.

And I need the event pin, too. :)

Click Here.

I totally agree about the black (Lump of Coal) version.

And I need the event pin, too. :)

...and do you have the two club pins too?

OH! Nevermind. I found an earlier comment that says you do! Great job getting them all! I'm sure there are very few of us that do!

Edited by rhodesisland

2. California

3. Carolina

7. Germany v2 -red/white

8. Minnesota

9. New York

10. Netherlands

11. Pittsburg

14. Texas

17. Utah

18. Cinco de Mayo

19. Summer Solstice

20. SEPP and BERTA

21. Halloween

22. Christmas

25. Pirate

27. Ronaldo AE v2

28. Ulm 2014

Question...

# 18-25... are they in the right order as per the photo? #24 in photo is not a union jack. Trying to get mine all labeled correctly and trying to use your photo/list to do so.

Thanks

The order in this list is the correct order of the picture (sorry for the previous error)

1. Artist Edition (Ronaldo)

2. California - (Anne.and.Eli Red, Black & White Edition)

3. Carolina

7. Germany v2 -red/white

8. Minnesota

9. New York (Vanelle edition)

10. Netherlands

11. Pittsburg

14. Texas

15. Geoswag public Blue/white

16. Geoswag Club- yellow/blue/purple

17. Utah

18. Cinco de Mayo

19. Summer Solstice

20. Germany GCF (Sepp & Berta)

21. Christmas

22. Union Jack

23. Union Jack (black)

24. Ronaldo v2 Portugal GCF

25. Pirate

27. Halloween

28. Ulm 2014

29612a91-f761-47a4-9525-7c2d2caede69.jpg

d8820482-72b1-4272-ac5e-abf4a7235b11.jpg

Edited by steben6

2. California

3. Carolina

7. Germany v2 -red/white

8. Minnesota

9. New York

10. Netherlands

11. Pittsburg

14. Texas

17. Utah

18. Cinco de Mayo

19. Summer Solstice

20. Germany GCF (SEPP and BERTA)

21. Christmas

22. Union Jack w/ Silver Face

23. Union Jack w/ Black Nickel Face

24. Ronaldo AE v2

25. Pirate

27. Halloween

28. Ulm 2014

Question...

# 18-25... are they in the right order as per the photo? #24 in photo is not a union jack. Trying to get mine all labeled correctly and trying to use your photo/list to do so.

Thanks

They are in the right order now. I fixed it!