Mardi Gras Masquerade Multi Event

avroair

I just came back from Boston (working and visiting friends) and couldn`t follow the thread.

Yes, the shop was very fast sold out.

I try to get in contact with those who would like to get those. If I forget someone please contact me with your e-mail reply.

longtomsilver

please be aware that I will keep a few to sell over ebay due to raise some money for GCF2011 EU

But this will be after those are sold over the forum.

On another note. We have a few more editions planned over the course of the year. I will let everyone know beforehand so there isn't any last minute hysteria. :D I am not sure what and when but do know there will be:

a summer solstice mask (Version C from the first post)

a pink Venetian mask at GCF Europa in August sold by mygeocoins.de

Places I have found the geoswag version sold (in case you missed out)

MyGeoshop

# edtion and status

1. artist edition (ronaldo)- sold out

2. california - sold out

3. new york - sold out

4. seattle - sold out

5. washington (seattle 2) -s sold out

6. texas - sold out

7. minnesota

8. michigan (blue and red)

9. michigan (purple and green)

10. carolinas - sold out

11. geoswag - sold out, preorders reminted

12. geoswag coin and pin club - sold out

13. cologne geocaching colors

14. cologne red and white

15. Pittsburch - sold out

16. utah - sold out

17. Netherlands (event happens March 27th)

Are you sure this event takes place this weekend? There is nothing scheduled that looks like a masquerade event :huh:

Are you sure this event takes place this weekend? There is nothing scheduled that looks like a masquerade event :huh:

It does, they named it something totally different and in Dutch... GC23FVV

I have talked to a number of Dutch cachers and this is all news to them. The ACE event has nothing to do with the Mardi Gras theme.

I looked at the event page of the Dutch event and there's nothing about this coin, only their own event coin. So is this the event where they will be available? Will they be available somewhere else if I'm not able to attend the event?

Edited by JackHoe

It does, they named it something totally different and in Dutch... GC23FVV

I have talked to a number of Dutch cachers and this is all news to them. The ACE event has nothing to do with the Mardi Gras theme.

That's the event given to me for the bookmark list from Avroair.

It will be there on the ACE. There will be a small happening, but as I a little was late in organising it, there is no information in the event itself about the mardigrass.

The coin will be launched there. The event is already full, so unfortunately you cannot attent anymore.

Remaining coins will be made available next week.

Woejam.

Our small Mardigrass happening took place and the coin is launched on the event yesterday.

The Dutch edition is a two tone version (polished gold with black nickel mask details), with orange, black and blue and orange background (we have something with orange in Holland :D )

Avroair: thanks for this beautiful design and next year, we will plan better and make it a nice celibration during the dutch Carnival!

The remaining coins are now available here

DutchEdition.jpg

VenetianMask-NL.jpg

The coin prices include VAT (Value Added Tax). This is a European tax that residents outside of Europe are exempt from paying. Namely they should be reduced 19% for U.S. buyers.

Correct. According to law, the pricing should include VAT by default.

The 19% VAT is automatically removed after login with a shipping address outside the EU.

The coin prices include VAT (Value Added Tax). This is a European tax that residents outside of Europe are exempt from paying. Namely they should be reduced 19% for U.S. buyers.

Correct. According to law, the pricing should include VAT by default.

The 19% VAT is automatically removed after login with a shipping address outside the EU.

Initially the price was showing with VAT, but after I backed out of my first order want did it again it seems that the VAT was dropped. So it may be that some people were charged VAT?

So it may be that some people were charged VAT?

Probably not as Woejam said, it should get dropped. But it's always wise to check. :)

Hmmm... maybe. I'm thought I only saw it dropped from mine after I backed out of the PayPal transaction, went back and altered my cart - at that point it got refreshed and the price dropped from 12 euros to 10.whatever euros. So it might pay for people to check just in case.

I tried to get one, had one in my cart, but by the time I created my account they were sold out. Guess I have to be faster next time.

Guess so. Practice your F5 skills. :blink::DB) Although they weren't sold out in the first 2 hours. That's when I checked. I blieve some people will have some available for trade. There should be some available May 5th. :ph34r:

Does anyone have any of the following Venetian coins for trade or sale?

My list of traders is here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3161433

1. Artist Edition (ronaldo)

2.California - (Anne.and.Eli Red, Black & White Edition)

3.Carolina

7.Germany (multi-color)

10.Minnesota

11.New york (Vanelle edition)

12.Netherlands

13.Pittsburg

14.Seattle

15.Seattle v2 (Washington)

16.Texas

<<< Slic >>>

Does anyone have any of the following Venetian coins for trade or sale?

My list of traders is here: http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?id=3161433

1. Artist Edition (ronaldo)

2.California - (Anne.and.Eli Red, Black & White Edition)

3.Carolina

7.Germany (multi-color)

10.Minnesota

11.New york (Vanelle edition)

12.Netherlands

13.Pittsburg

14.Seattle

15.Seattle v2 (Washington)

16.Texas

<<< Slic >>>

You should post this in the GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS thread pinned at the top of the Geocoin Discussions. That is the correct place for it, plus more people will see it there. :)

well that didn't work right....let's try again...

anyone know what version has the colors blue, yellow, orange and purple? The center piece of the hat is yellow and the center piece of the collar is purple.

can't seem to get a picture attached here.

Thanks!

rhodesisland

I think you are talking about the Geoswag Coin and Pin club edition. From center of the collar I see it as Blue, Orange, Blue, and Yellow. No of the other versions come close to what you are describing unless I missed something.

Found an old pic of it on ebay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Venetian-Geocoin-Geoswag-Club-Version-U-T-/150580733113

and here is a bookmark list that AtlantaGal created for all the events: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=fc267275-4d23-4f02-a47d-61e53bd65890

Hope this helps

<<< Slic >>>

well that didn't work right....let's try again...

anyone know what version has the colors blue, yellow, orange and purple? The center piece of the hat is yellow and the center piece of the collar is purple.

can't seem to get a picture attached here.

Thanks!

rhodesisland

I think you are talking about the Geoswag Coin and Pin club edition. From center of the collar I see it as Blue, Orange, Blue, and Yellow. No of the other versions come close to what you are describing unless I missed something.

Found an old pic of it on ebay here: http://cgi.ebay.com/Venetian-Geocoin-Geoswag-Club-Version-U-T-/150580733113

and here is a bookmark list that AtlantaGal created for all the events: http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=fc267275-4d23-4f02-a47d-61e53bd65890

Hope this helps

<<< Slic >>>

This is the one I was meaning. But I still don't understand why it's different than the blue and white GEOSWAG one I have?? What do we call the two different Geoswag coins??

The one in blue and white was the Geoswag edition that was sold in the shop. That one in orange and blue is the edition of Geoswag's Coins and Pin Club. I think you need to be a member of that club, if you want to buy that edition. Trading might be an alternative to e***.

The one in blue and white was the Geoswag edition that was sold in the shop. That one in orange and blue is the edition of Geoswag's Coins and Pin Club. I think you need to be a member of that club, if you want to buy that edition. Trading might be an alternative to e***.

Altix, thanks for confirming that; it's what I thought. Trading is not an option for me, because I have nothing in my collection that I would want to give up! Well, I could offer a rare Guam geocoin. Wonder if that would be interesting to anyone???

If anyone is interested in trading a masquerade mask geocoin, I have only three of them and want all of them! I have several Guam Geocoins to offer in trade. These coins are a limited run of coins designed to promote and celebrate the US territory of Guam, the place I call home. You can find a picture of the Guam coin in trackables collection, here:My link

If you are interested, please send an email.

:D

If anyone is interested in trading a masquerade mask geocoin, I have only three of them and want all of them! I have several Guam Geocoins to offer in trade. These coins are a limited run of coins designed to promote and celebrate the US territory of Guam, the place I call home. You can find a picture of the Guam coin in trackables collection, here:My link

If you are interested, please send an email.

:D

Trades should be conducted through the GEOCOIN TRADING, WANTS, OFFERS AND LISTS thread pinned at the top of the Geocoin Discussions forums. You are likely to get a better response through there :)

Edited by keewee

This happened to one of our Netherland coins too. Geoswag sent us replacement stones which you apply with a tiny amount of super glue on a toothpick. Try contacting geoswag directly to see if they can help you out.

Thanks for the info. Email sent to Geoswag.

Geoswag has sent out replacement stones to the hosts who ordered the coin and reported a stone missing. But if you are buying or trading second hand make sure you check the coin when you get it. Once it's in the secondary market it's buyer beware.