High in Florence

webwitch

I have been holidaying in Florence for the last month and during that time a friend introduced me to Geocaching - he is in Australia. I have begun hunting here on my own as I find the city really safe and fun to get about in. I have one gripe about some of the caches, however and that is that they are TOO HIGH. I am a LOL (little old lady) with the emphasis on LITTLE and I have been unable to retrieve two caches in the last 24 hours simply because I can't reach them. I could SEE them, they were just out of my reach.

Surely there should be some consideration given to those of us who are vertically challenged when placing caches. I don't think that I am asking too much, am I?

Ciao and Buon Anno

Robynls

Surely there should be some consideration given to those of us who are vertically challenged when placing caches. I don't think that I am asking too much, am I?

Ciao and Buon Anno

Robynls

[/quote

Try this: take a picture of the cache which you can see but not reach and e-mail it to the cache owner as proof-of-find. (Don't post it on the cache page, since it will be a spoiler.) I have done that a couple of times, then logged the cache as a find since I did in fact find it. And finding the cache -- not signing the log -- is pretty much what this is all about. I have never had a cache owner object.

(I was in this forum to begin planning an August trip to Italia. Really looking forward to that.)