Did Your FIRST Travel Bug Reach It's Goal?

Eswau

I hope this poll hasn't been done to death. I haven't seen one, so here it is.

I haven't had very good luck with my Travel Bugs so I'm interested in what others have experienced.

In regards to your very first Travel Bug:

quote:
Originally posted by Eswau:

I hope this poll hasn't been done to death. I haven't seen one, so here it is.

I haven't had very good luck with my Travel Bugs so I'm interested in what others have experienced.

In regards to your very first Travel Bug:

Top Hat was my first and after two months went MIA. Several attempts to contact the person who seemingly took it have fallen on deaf ears and I'm writing Top Hat off as a permanent casualty.

I've had one other bug go MIA, but I ressurected him using a different bug, but with the same number.

I have 15 bugs out there, with only one that's gone permanently MIA, so my success rate is pretty good imo.

I have another 5 bugs still to activate and send out, but I'm not in any hurry. I like different types of bugs, some that are a little different either in theme or in shape and size, so a lot of times, I have to wait until something strikes my fancy and I'll turn it into a T-Bug.

My newest one will be released this weekend in a local cache. It's goal will be to travel to caches just within California and reside in one in each county. Unique? Probably not, but I like the concept so I'm going with it. icon_smile.gif

Webfoot frog.gif

Tromping through the underbrush looking for Ammo cans, Tupperware containers, & little round disks.

quote:

We have had two reach their goal and are still traveling. Out of eight in the wild, only one has gone totally MIA so far. We have been lucky in that regard.

Nope. I placed my first TB in a cache when I hid it, and the first person moved it to another cache a few weeks later. No one visited that cache for a month or two, and the bug was incinerated along with the cache in a controlled burn. One move, maybe 30 miles total, before its demise...

----

When in doubt, poke it with a stick.

Mine was to give me a good laugh and it did that rather quickly. For the cost of a movie ticket I'm having a good time watching the comedy. Everything thing else is gravy.

"The difference between wishing for a peanut butter and jelly sandwitch and wishing for a million bucks is that one of us is going to get our wish".

Edited by bons
Our first T.B. ( Tigger ) ALMOST reached his goal but is now apparently MIA. (The tales in here of others that have resurfaced does give me some slight hope though....)

Keep hoping!

It MIGHT still work out. I'll cross my fingers for you, too.

Have you tried emailing the folks that are involved? I had to do that once or twice...

I own 4 of them. One is MIA and two are in the hands of guys who haven't logged onto the site in months. So they're toast too. One was a local Pizza Event Bug and I recently took it back with plans to use it to chart my caching adventures. No more bugs for me. Too many of them just die although a couple of my buddies have had bugs get tens of thousands of miles on them.

My first (and only so far) Travel Bug is still trying to finish the 1st Cannonball (as are most of the enteries :) ). Last I checked it was still circling St. Louis.

I have a few other hitchhikers, but the feedback reports for those are kinda scarce so I don't really know if they're still traveling or what :)

My first Travel bug released July 24, 2002 hasn't reached it's goal yet but it was last picked up in November so I think it's still active.

I released another one of these with the same mission a few days later and it has completed it's goal once and is still out traveling trying to complete it again. :-)

Derek's Morphing Surprise (My first Travelbug)

Edited by Eric K

My 1st bug: "Lobsta'h Claus" actually did actually make it's goal of travelling from Oregon to Cape Cod, New England in 8 months........via England, Italy, and The Netherlands. It was a very cool adventure, I wish it would have lasted longer. The coolest part was: the last finder was from Massachusetts and mailed the bug to my brother who lives near "The Cape"...........he is going to snail-mail it back to me in Oregon. where it will rest for awhile before it's next adventure.

Edited by jbhooker3

Our first bug was seized by evildoers never to be heard from again. It was taken from the cache we first released it, so it traveled ZERO miles. It was probably too cute to survive.http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?ID=10714

Our second vanished quickly too. We've pretty much decided against starting any new ones for a while.

Edited by cacheKidds

my first and only tb was dropped in a cache in key west while we were on vacation and never moved or resurfaced. the cache has a list of missing bugs, but after i put mine there a whole slew of them have come and gone with no problems.

i checked the cache page tonight and it shows my bug still there, with 0 miles.

Our first bug was seized by evildoers never to be heard from again. It was taken from the cache we first released it, so it traveled ZERO miles. It was probably too cute to survive.http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?ID=10714

Our second vanished quickly too. We've pretty much decided against starting any new ones for a while.

Sorry to hear about your TB (really).......but when I saw "evildoers", I had to crackup.........made me think about one of GW's speeches prior to the Iraq Conflict :blink: ......

I too have figured out........If you wanna be happy for the rest of your life, put an ugly Travel Bug out....they don't get snagged as easily (It's hard to get those cute little fluffy things from the death grip of little Jimmy or Susie)..........

Edited by jbhooker3