An Error Has Occurred

Projecter

why does it take sooooo long to fix this bug?

No one can upload logs to Wherigo.com and Groundspeak does nothing to fix it.

It's frustrating !

.... cuz it's Groundspeak.

Fixing the bug would involve work on the Wherigo project. Although Jeremy has said GC isn't stopping the project he certainly hasn't put his money where his mouth is.

why does it take sooooo long to fix this bug?

No one can upload logs to Wherigo.com and Groundspeak does nothing to fix it.

It's frustrating !

.... cuz it's Groundspeak.

Fixing the bug would involve work on the Wherigo project. Although Jeremy has said GC isn't stopping the project he certainly hasn't put his money where his mouth is.

I have certainly had logs on some of my Wherigos this year (see here and here) and in December last year.

This logging problem should have been fixed two or three weeks ago. I emailed Bryan and he replied very shortly after, stating they had just fixed it. If you're still having problems, I'd like to know about them.

At times, I think I'm partly at fault for not bugging everyone at Groundspeak enough. Please feel free to bug them as well; just remember to be courteous and include steps to reproduce your problem.

At times, I think I'm partly at fault for not bugging everyone at Groundspeak enough. Please feel free to bug them as well; just remember to be courteous and include steps to reproduce your problem.

I think I bug the enough as well on top of what you do. :)

Edited by kvhollis

Like others, I get the "Error has occurred" message, which is very frustrating as I would like to finalise a cartridge and get it sorted for others to enjoy doing (hopefully).

My problem started after I had tried to delete a cartridge which I had shortened because of bugs. I wanted to replace the first one with the shortened version.

Since then, I can't do anything.

When are we going to find an entrepreneur who will realise that Wherigo has the potential of being great, with many thousands of cachers buying compatible units to be able to get involved in Wherigo? Surely Garmin and other manufacturers are missing out on a very lucrative opportunity. It would only take someone with the "knowhow" to spend time developing Wherigo. It's such a shame!

Perhaps someone with organising skills, should get a petition going to send to gps manufacturers.

Edited by Ah yes!

The logging bug should have been fixed. Someone finally created a cartridge in my area and I was able to log it without a problem (and my player account is not any different from others' accounts outside the forum).

"Ah yes!", can you please be more specific. What do you mean by "can't do anything"? Can you log in? Can you get to the "My Home" page? Can you log a cartridge as played? Do you have problems seeing that cartridge? What actions did you take trying to delete the cartridge? I would like details so I can write it up properly for Groundspeak. The easier it is for them to reproduce the problem, the greater the chance we'll see a fix. As for your other concern, I agree we need Wherigo development to resume. From what communication I have with Groundspeak, I know they're interested in continuing Wherigo development. However, the question I'm more interested in is if they're ready to make a financial commitment and what form that will take. As for the GPSr manufacturers, I'd rather leave them out of the loop because it's difficult to convince them to roll out Wherigo Player updates on a quarterly basis. It's much easier with the community's three third-party Player developers.

avgraphics, can you please send me the cartridge's GWZ you're trying to activate? Also, I need to know how you tried to upload the cartridge and what you have entered in for each item on the cartridge details form. I will attempt to reproduce the error and, if successful, I can submit it to Groundspeak.

At the moment, the most I can do for everyone is to act as a relay. I'd really like to do something more.

"Ah yes!", can you please be more specific. What do you mean by "can't do anything"? Can you log in? Can you get to the "My Home" page? Can you log a cartridge as played? Do you have problems seeing that cartridge? What actions did you take trying to delete the cartridge? I would like details so I can write it up properly for Groundspeak. The easier it is for them to reproduce the problem, the greater the chance we'll see a fix.

As far as the Geocaching.com website is concerned, there are no outstanding problems - the two I had have been overcome.

As for the Wherigo website: I can log in without trouble to the Home Page.

The link to MY HOME takes me to "An Error has occurred" and just directs me back to the Home Page. I have tried on different computers with the same result.

The phrase "can't do anything" refers to the need to get into the MY HOME page to edit my cartridge and do all the things necessary to perfect the cartridge and made it available for others to download. From the Home Page, I am able to download cartridges by other Members and save it to my Oregon 550t, but not able to do anything regarding my own cartridge under creation.

I haven't completely played another Members cartridge as yet so have not tried to log a completed cartridge. I have tried to tackle two cartridges, but one was not playable after Zone 3 using the Oregon and, therefore, could not be completed. Problems (since sorted) prevented me from doing the other.

In the attempt to delete the unwanted cartridge, I "edited" it, deleted all the text in all sections and uploaded it again. That's when the "Error message" started. I should have just replaced all the text and locations, with the replacement cartridge details, which I will do next time.