Owners of Garmin GPS 60CSx

Davvvy

My main question about this receiver is does it have an actual micro sd slot? From what I was reading, it made it seem like the slot was inside the gps and you couldn't even get to it. My other question is, does it show cache details? or atleast names when you load them into it?

My main question about this receiver is does it have an actual micro sd slot? From what I was reading, it made it seem like the slot was inside the gps and you couldn't even get to it. My other question is, does it show cache details? or atleast names when you load them into it?

I have that GPS although I recently upgraded to a 62s. There are times when I wish I was still using the 60CSx and it is a fine unit. You've already received an answer about the chip so just buy one and put it in under the batteries. When I bought mine there was a small chip there already so you might have to take out the old too small chip and put in something better.

The one disadvantage of the 60CSx is that it didn't display much information. You will find the program GSAK to be very helpful to you. I tried to make maximum use of mine by displaying the type of cache, the size, an asterisk to indicate if there is a travel bug in the cache, and a short name that GSAK creates. The formula is "%typ=1%con1%bug=*%smart=6 %dif1%ter1". This allows you to see at a glance what type of cache is is such as Traditional Regular (TR)* a shorted name, and two numbers for difficulty and terrain so you know if it is a 5/5 or something like that.

If you are not a premium member of Groundspeak, you won't get a lot of information so then probably the way to download will be to find a page of caches and click all of them and request a download. I'm not certain about that last part though as I haven't downloaded caches without the premium membership for a long time.