Going to a cahce you've already found to get TB?

TejasFilm

icon_confused.gifI was just going to start this exact topic when I found this thread. I have never found a TravelBug, but am looking forward to my first. I kind of think etiquette/protocol would be NOT to go back just for a TB. Is there anyone out there of this opinion?

Remember: Stop, Look, and Listen

quote:
Originally posted by 4dingdongz:

I kind of think etiquette/protocol would be NOT to go back just for a TB. Is there anyone out there of this opinion?

Uh?? Why? icon_confused.gif

I would very much like for visitors to my caches to return as often as they would like. If they really liked the park, maybe they'll come back... some people have even said things like "ill have to come back in the spring and see if the fishings any good" or "such a nice park, ill have to try the other trails some day".

And if they come back just to pick up a traveler, thats cool too. At least its getting moved along.

waypoint_link.gif22008_1700.gif37_gp_logo88x31.jpg

Yesterday, I went back to the cache that my TB disappeared from. (I found the entry of the person who took it. Unfortunately, he did not use his geocaching name.)

This time, I took the family and let them find it. I left something nice in the cache. I posted a note not a find.

Fun was had by all.

DustyJacket

Not all those that wander are lost. But in my case... icon_biggrin.gif

Like I said, I see no problem with returning to a cache to retreive a TB and also to drop off a TB in a known cache that is high traffic and safe if I don't have time to get to a new cache or if the caches I have gone to, I would not leave one of my own in the cache then I don't leave someone elses there. I just post notes for each visit since I do not have to search for the cache and its not a new find for me.

Car37 & Shnde

quote:
Originally posted by High Desert Fish:

I think it is okay. We saw that a travel bug that wanted to go to Roswell. We took him there and to the Very Large Array. It was an excuse to do a bit of sight seeing and travel. It did not seem to be a problem with the owner. He made a new goal for Marvin from Mars. It was really fun.

quote:

quote:

I think it is okay. We saw that a travel bug that wanted to go to Roswell. We took him there and to the Very Large Array. It was an excuse to do a bit of sight seeing and travel. It did not seem to be a problem with the owner. He made a new goal for Marvin from Mars. It was really fun. If the cachers can help the bug meet the goals it is even better.

I was wondering about that myself. The first cache I went to had a TB but I didn't take it because I didn't know anything about them at that time. It's in a location that doesn't seem to be visited much because you have to go by boat so I was thinking about going back and helping him along the way

quote:
Originally posted by mobyrick:

I was wondering about that myself. The first cache I went to had a TB but I didn't take it because I didn't know anything about them at that time. It's in a location that doesn't seem to be visited much because you have to go by boat so I was thinking about going back and helping him along the way

If it was my bug, I would be thrilled that you made the effort. I made a 600 mile round trip to pick up Titan-34D. It was only about a hundred miles outta my way though. The owner, a serviceman, sent me a long letter from Iraq, thanking me for moving it and my plans for dropping it off near its true origin. Go for it!

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

Snoogans

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....

[This message was edited by Snoogans on April 23, 2003 at 03:04 PM.]

quote:
Originally posted by Han_13:

What about going back to exchange items again, or just place new items (not necessarily take any), or is that something that is understood to be reserved only for your first visit?

I consider my caches to be a personal responsibility, but not personal property. What ever floats ya in my book as long as you are respectful. If you care enough to ask, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Snicon_razz.gificon_razz.gifgans

Snoogans

The greatest labor saving invention of today is tomorrow....