TB Mission card fill-out forms (PDF)... what do you think?

Sparrowhawk

Just to practice my Adobe skills, I created a fillable form to create compact little Travel Bug mission cards. Here it is.

There are 3 on the form to choose from. One is for 2-sided business card size, one is just a one sided card, the last one is for micros.

All ya have to do is click on the blank spaces, fill out the card, print it, cut it out, get it laminated (somehow) and attach it to your bug. Then folks can know who it is and what it's goal is. icon_smile.gif

As far as the general idea, though: what do you folks think? What should I do differently for version 2 of the card forms? icon_smile.gif

(BTW... When I uploaded the form, I had trouble getting my test text cleared in the form fields on one computer, but it worked nicely on a second machine. Let me know if you see test text instead of nice, blank spaces where your icon turns from a hand into an I-bar for typing. I will have to fix that later. You can still delete the random text in the meanwhile to properly fill it out.)

-Elana (a.k.a. "Sparrowhawk")

Thanx for making your tags available.

I was able to insert text...the form took

a LONG time to load for some reason, tho.

My only suggestion would be to include the

Geocache.com logo on the larger one or the

the travel bug/UPC symbol-looking thing.

(A little graphics never hurt!)

Thanx again for sharing your tags!

You might want to add the travel bug tracking number (eg. TB554F = Army Truck)[not the 6 digit id]. This is a number that could be put into the log book or logged online that allows people to search on the bug but not to log it as found. I think if the number were in front of people they'd be more inclined to mention it in their logs.

I know I've come across log entries that have said "Mister so and So" dropped off followed by "Mr so and so" picked up. The abbreviation and variation in case can make searching for the bug difficult.

Geocaching Families of East TN

Thanks for the compliments! I will be doing minor changes to the tags... change the text so that it is more readable, various refinements like that.

I went to my local locksmith and found some very common little plastic insertable tag things. I will adjust the micro tag in the pdf to fit these little units... make it ultra-convenient for micro bug owners. icon_smile.gif

-Elana (a.k.a. "Sparrowhawk")

I love these tags, they look great! One suggestion would be to add a blank box the same size as the one sided card so people can add more info about the tax on the other side. The other suggestion would be to add a line that the owner can include their email address if they wish, so they can be contacted directly about the TB.

-Technology...I have no idea what I would do without my GPSr, my TiVo, or my Computer with a DSL connection. I guess I would spend more time with my wife! icon_smile.gif