Civil war coins

goosefraba1

I just watched an episode of Brad Metzler's decoded and the subject was a treasure hidden during the reformation. The story was so cool and there were some real treasure hunters on there. It really reminded me of caching and using clues to look for treasure (like finding coins in caches). They even used the term cache as the location of the treasure. I highly recommend watching it!

I just watched an episode of Brad Metzler's decoded and the subject was a treasure hidden during the reformation. The story was so cool and there were some real treasure hunters on there. It really reminded me of caching and using clues to look for treasure (like finding coins in caches). They even used the term cache as the location of the treasure. I highly recommend watching it!

Cache is an old word and has been used in North America at least since the 1600s. It comes from the French word "cacher" meaning to hide. The English noun means a hiding place and the English verb means to hide. I think that now days the noun cache is used the most by the military for a place on a battlefield where food, weapons, or ammo are hidden.