Arrgh!

MamaKatS

Well, finally after a whole WEEK of waiting impatiently to have time to go hunting, they let me off work early for New Year's eve and I got home with two hours of daylight ahead of me. :D Yay! Perfect time to grab a couple kids and my new GPS and head out the door to find the two cemetery caches I'd tried unsuccessfully to find previously.

Or......................

Not.

:unsure:

Kids & I spent over an hour at the cemetery at the end of my street trying to find the closest elusive cache. Nope, it was nowhere to be found. I suspect, based on several other log comments over the past several months (since July?), that it may have been muggled. I know teens hang out there, so it's possible. Or, I could have just overlooked it. That's entirely possible, too, LOL. I emailed the CO to see if he could check to make sure it's still there, based on the number of comments on not finding it.

So, eventually we gave up there and went to the OTHER cemetery that I know had a very recent find (12/21). And lots of comments on how amazingly EASY it was to find. It's also a larger size, a "regular" and not a small like the previous one. With only 30-40 minutes of daylight left, we searched around very quickly all over the place with no luck once again. I'm sure this one REALLY IS there, LOL, and this one I'm certain is "on me" as to why I'm not finding it. We just didn't have enough time and daylight to take our time and adequately snoop around.

At first available opportunity, we'll be back to Cemetery No. 2 to search for the "super-easy and obvious" one that we completely overlooked twice now. :huh::laughing::blink:

Kinda embarrassing, but oh well. :) one reason I latched onto this hobby (besides the whole adventure of it) was to work on sharpening my observation skills (which are really lacking, as you can tell - LOL).

*sigh*

Oh yeah, and before I forget --- HAPPY NEW YEAR'S, everyone!!!!

Edited by MamaKatO

Hopefully it doesn't rain TOO much tomorrow, so I can go back out and try this again with more than 30 minutes of daylight, LOL! Then again, we are having family over for the traditional southern new year's day dinner (collards and black-eyed peas, anyone?) so I may not be able to escape. Then again, we're having family over for the traditional new year's day dinner, so...it might be the BEST time to escape! Oh, wait, did I say that with my out-loud voice? oops. ;) hehe. Just kiddin. Honest.

Worst-case scenario, there's always sunday afternoon after church. :) But I'm impatient and don't wanna wait THAT long! LOL! :blink:

Edited by MamaKatO

whoops, my bad - that was a typo - meant to say "largeR" - it's a regular, not a small. Wish it was a large cache, LOL - with neon lights and an arrow pointing down with the aforementioned cache elf saying, "HERE IT IS!" haha. Sorry about that - off to fix typo now. :) Happy to email you code if you are still interested, though it's just a regular old, well, REGULAR size. :):rolleyes:

Edited by MamaKatO

Well, I did a little looking and found one of them called bone yard. I have two suggestions for that one.

1) read the description carefully. Looks like a hint is hidden in it to me.

2) I could be wrong but I suspect the name is a bit deceptive. Near, but not in.

Running out of energy so I didn't search through all of the possible caches for the second one. I guess I'm not really the energizer bunny after all ;)

Well, I did a little looking and found one of them called bone yard. I have two suggestions for that one.

1) read the description carefully. Looks like a hint is hidden in it to me.

2) I could be wrong but I suspect the name is a bit deceptive. Near, but not in.

Running out of energy so I didn't search through all of the possible caches for the second one. I guess I'm not really the energizer bunny after all ;)

Yep... I plan on going back there after church for sure to hunt for that one. :) I caught that hint in the description...only problem is, there are several of those things around...never know which one is actually it. :) The search continues!

On the bright side - me and the GeoKids went out today and found TWO! One in Loganville Plaza, and another elsewhere. Kids were elated (and so was I). Yay! About durn time!

On the bright side - me and the GeoKids went out today and found TWO! One in Loganville Plaza, and another elsewhere. Kids were elated (and so was I). Yay! About durn time!

Congrat's on your first successes!

It gets easier with experience, although I still have my share of DNFs after over 800 finds.

You'll be ecstatic when you hit 10, or even 5 finds!

Good luck, and welcome to the madness!

Geocaching is a great activity to do with your kids. Mine really enjoy it. Look around for an event or club in your aea to meet some other cachers to hunt with.

I agree. :) Me and one (or two) of my GeoTeens are planning on going to the Georgia Geocaching Association meeting next Saturday (assuming that Life does not derail the best-laid plans, LOL). Definitely wanna connect with folks who have been doing this longer than me, LOL.

Geocaching is a great activity to do with your kids. Mine really enjoy it. Look around for an event or club in your aea to meet some other cachers to hunt with.

I agree. :) Me and one (or two) of my GeoTeens are planning on going to the Georgia Geocaching Association meeting next Saturday (assuming that Life does not derail the best-laid plans, LOL). Definitely wanna connect with folks who have been doing this longer than me, LOL.

Great idea! You will pick up more caching hints at one geo-event than you could learn on your own in a few months. Don't feel bad about not being able to find the larger one. Some days I can't find anything it seems. Other days I am finding things other folks have passed over.

Earlier in our caching career, in the same month we DNF'd an easy ammo can hide and had to come back for it later, then found a cleverly hidden micro immediately after a group of 6 very experienced cachers (they had about 20,000 finds cumulatively) DNF'd it.

Have fun at your event. Meeting up with other cachers is not only educational but a lot of fun, too!

Happy Caching! :)