EARTH TURTLE 2010 PETROGLYPH

tsunrisebey

Well I finally got this project started :) Earth Turtle 2010 Petroglyph is now in production. It is trackable w/ a unique icon.

I did do a coin design but opted to go "tsun old school" this year. Some of you were around when I made 250 Petroglyphs and had people release them. The series included Earth Turtle, Mountain Goat, Spirit Bear, Thunderbird and Big Dog (horse). It was a huge undertaking and I've had people request that I do a trackable Petroglyph, so here it is.

There are 100 being made with an option to bump the number to 150 if needed. Limit 1 per household.

These petroglyphs are 100% handcrafted and painted by me. I have also used 100% USA made products - no foreign materials! The majority of the petroglyph is made with clay however there are some special ingredients added. The technique to paint these has taken me awhile to perfect but the result is very much a rustic leather look. Not all the paint is actually paint either, mother nature supplies some excellent coloring materials that I have gathered here in Montana. I am very proud of these :D Obviously they won't appeal to everyone and if you notice, I'm not refering to them as a "coin" although if you prefer to call it that, go ahead.

I made 5 of these tonight and it took me 3 - 1/2 hours to do those five which is why this is a very limited edition run and why I am limiting it to just 1 per household. It takes over 5 different "painting" sessions to complete that coloring portion of the production.

Anyhow, they measure over 2" in diameter and are about 4-5 mm thick. Icon is to be determined. There is a protective matte layer over the Petroglyph so the writing on the back will not rub off. It will also hold up to some travel abuse but I imagine very few of these being released ;)

I offered these up last night for reservations only on Facebook/Twitter and the majority are already spoken for. As I make them, I will contact people on the list. If you would like to reserve one, please note that by reserving one it does not guarantee you a Petroglyph. YOu may also opt out of your reservation if you choose and I will move to the next person on the waiting list.

Please do NOT send me a PM or contact me through my profile. All reservation requests must be sent to: earthturtle2010@gmail.com I will reply to each person. Please send the following information: Real Name, Geocaching Name, Country you live in.

Price is $10.50 + actual shipping to your country so total price will vary.

Thank you for you interest!

tsun

016A.jpg

019a.jpg

023a.jpg

024a.jpg

Well I finally got this project started :) Earth Turtle 2010 Petroglyph is now in production. It is trackable w/ a unique icon.

I did do a coin design but opted to go "tsun old school" this year. Some of you were around when I made 250 Petroglyphs and had people release them. The series included Earth Turtle, Mountain Goat, Spirit Bear, Thunderbird and Big Dog (horse). It was a huge undertaking and I've had people request that I do a trackable Petroglyph, so here it is.

There are 100 being made with an option to bump the number to 150 if needed. Limit 1 per household.

These petroglyphs are 100% handcrafted and painted by me. I have also used 100% USA made products - no foreign materials! The majority of the petroglyph is made with clay however there are some special ingredients added. The technique to paint these has taken me awhile to perfect but the result is very much a rustic leather look. Not all the paint is actually paint either, mother nature supplies some excellent coloring materials that I have gathered here in Montana. I am very proud of these :D Obviously they won't appeal to everyone and if you notice, I'm not refering to them as a "coin" although if you prefer to call it that, go ahead.

I made 5 of these tonight and it took me 3 - 1/2 hours to do those five which is why this is a very limited edition run and why I am limiting it to just 1 per household. It takes over 5 different "painting" sessions to complete that coloring portion of the production.

Anyhow, they measure over 2" in diameter and are about 4-5 mm thick. Icon is to be determined. There is a protective matte layer over the Petroglyph so the writing on the back will not rub off. It will also hold up to some travel abuse but I imagine very few of these being released ;)

I offered these up last night for reservations only on Facebook/Twitter and the majority are already spoken for. As I make them, I will contact people on the list. If you would like to reserve one, please note that by reserving one it does not guarantee you a Petroglyph. YOu may also opt out of your reservation if you choose and I will move to the next person on the waiting list.

Please do NOT send me a PM or contact me through my profile. All reservation requests must be sent to: earthturtle2010@gmail.com I will reply to each person. Please send the following information: Real Name, Geocaching Name, Country you live in.

Price is $10.50 + actual shipping to your country so total price will vary.

Thank you for you interest!

tsun

016A.jpg

019a.jpg

023a.jpg

024a.jpg

So are any still available?

Thank you so much for the interest in this project! I will work as quickly as I can but my main concern will be quality and time to wrap up the entire collection. I hope that you will love these as much as I enjoy making them.

I am currently done accepting reservations. If you send an email, you will be on the waiting list should anyone cancel. I have kept it at the 100 mark so the option to add up to 50 more will be exercised at my discretion.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

2011 marks the 5 year anniversary of the Earth Turtle Geocoin, that one will be metal again and I'm looking forward to debuting it at GCF in Europe if all goes well.

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

A few invoices went out tonight. I'll work on a few more over the next few nights.

Someone asked about a kiln/clay. These are polymer clay, I wouldn't be able to accomplish the color technique on fired clay.

Thanks everyone :)

tsun

Oh... I see. I just figured that you were way better at the firing process than I am :D Still.... it is a very pretty coin and I am very impressed!

A few invoices went out tonight. I'll work on a few more over the next few nights.

Someone asked about a kiln/clay. These are polymer clay, I wouldn't be able to accomplish the color technique on fired clay.

Thanks everyone :)

tsun

Good news!! Looking forward to getting mine:)

Please don't panic if you have not received and invoice, this will be a slower process than usual. I don't work on these during my work week, only weekends in my spare time. I invoice as I get them done and in the order the reservations came in. I anticipate these all being done by end of February at the latest.

The waiting list has grown so I am considering some additional after I complete the original 100 :)

Thanks for the interest, much appreciated.

tsun

Edited by tsunrisebey

Please don't panic if you have not received and invoice, this will be a slower process than usual. I don't work on these during my work week, only weekends in my spare time. I invoice as I get them done and in the order the reservations came in. I anticipate these all being done by end of February at the latest.

The waiting list has grown so I am considering some additional after I complete the original 100 :)

tsun

Are you making the extra 50 you said you might be making?

tsun

Are you making the extra 50 you said you might be making?

It looks like I will probably make some extras for those who asked to be put on the waiting list but that won't happen until late Feb.

:)

I'll be sending some "invoices" tomorrow for the ones I've just finished.