AHOY! 2011 Mini-Doubloon Project

Jackalgirl

Huzzah! And if anyone hasn't checked out the main page lately, there've been a couple of changes due to crew requests. For example, it's possible to two-tone your coins (gold/bn or nickel/bn) at the same added cost as doing antiquing (that is, $.10 per coin). It's pretty exciting. So far the choices have been awesome and I'm looking forward to seeing the entire group!

As a recap: the brow closes on the 20th (that is, that's when membership closes). I'll give everyone a couple of weeks to settle down and fix their choices (unless everyone's sure sooner). Then I'll start the ordering process and we'll move on to payment, mint blueprint approval, trading and (my favorite part) RECEIVING. Huzzah!

Okay, everyone, the brow has been PULLED, the anchor's aweigh and the 2011 Mini-Doubloons Treasure Quest is now officially underway! For those of you who couldn't make it, fear not. I have some ideas for later in the year when it might be a tad bit more wallet-friendly. Or, having learned my lesson about January, I'll start next year's project a bit later. ; ) But I've got a bonanza crew this year, so keep an eye out for some awesome coins. Hip hip hooray!

LUCRE!

MD2011_Doubloons-01.jpg

FILTHY, FILTHY LUCRE!

MD2011_Doubloons-02.jpg

The prize is just now being distributed among the victorious crew. And they'd been generous enough to donate some of their hard-won bounty for earthquake relief in Japan & New Zealand, so keep an eye on the associated fundraising threads for announcements soon. Arrrrrr!

:D Got mine today!! :D

Doing the happy dance here in New Jersey :P

Thank you Jackalgirl for ALL the work you did. It was great to get all my coins AND all my trades in one terrific package. Thank you Irwin for all your hard work organizing THAT! Everyone's doubloons turned out so much better than all the artwork we saw!

Thanks for all the help in picking out my colors, too. This was a wonderful experience and I'm so glad I hopped aboard. :wub:

Sometime today or tomorrow (tomorrow, most like), I'll post a series of .DOC and .PDF files for everyone with graphics you can cut out and insert into the flips. That way, you can break out your magnifying glasses and write the tracking code on the inserts (if you should want to gift 'em or trade 'em or set 'em traveling and want to save the eyesight of those who come after). : )

Sometime today or tomorrow (tomorrow, most like), I'll post a series of .DOC and .PDF files for everyone with graphics you can cut out and insert into the flips. That way, you can break out your magnifying glasses and write the tracking code on the inserts (if you should want to gift 'em or trade 'em or set 'em traveling and want to save the eyesight of those who come after). : )

Thank you Cap'n! Looking forward to this! :D

I cut out paper inserts and had started to write the tracking codes/activation codes, but was tired and gave up after doing just 6.

Howdy!

Ah, those awful activation codes. I sent them out on the list, and I'm so sorry for forgetting -- I always forget those. : (

So there will be TWO insert sheets I'll make: one for activated codes and one for gifts (that'll have the activation codes on 'em).

Sorry, sorry!

I received the doubloons, ...are all them really beautiful! :surprise:

It's very nice to see together all these combinations of colors and metals.

Booty.JPG

I am very happy for trading with fellow pirate crew :D

It is a magnificent treasure thanks to an excellent captain, and I hope we can soon make another trip :grin:

Trades.JPG

This booty has a special place in my collection.

NB: I have also received a mystery coin, ...no words to thank for this unexpected gift, so special and meaningful... :ph34r: another gem for my collection :D

DoYouBelieve.JPG

I thought these would ship with a magnifying glass to see the tracking codes. :)

We have been out of town, ours were waiting for us when we got home. It took me a long time to find the tracking code, it kind of just looks like some scratches on the edge....this was my only disapointment with the coins.

There are some great coins in this batch of Lucre! Thanks everyone for the trades :)

DSC02743-1-1.jpg

Everyone is welcome to use the photos(personal use only) I took of the trades and they can be found here.

I also still have some my traders of the Mini Doubloon 2010 left if anyone is interested. Just email me through my profile!

DSC02715-1-1.jpg

DSC02718-1-1.jpg

There are some great coins in this batch of Lucre! Thanks everyone for the trades :)

DSC02743-1-1.jpg

Everyone is welcome to use the photos(personal use only) I took of the trades and they can be found here.

I also still have some my traders of the Mini Doubloon 2010 left if anyone is interested. Just email me through my profile!

DSC02715-1-1.jpg

DSC02718-1-1.jpg

Thanks for the great pictures

DSC02743-1-1.jpg

DSC02715-1-1.jpg

DSC02718-1-1.jpg

and I have 1 drneal version left if anyone has an interest

ILYK

Just want to say having taken part in the first M-D series of coins I'm now sorry I didn't take part in the second series cause you all did a fine job in selecting colours and Kat you made another wonderful design :) Looking forward to the next series (a must to get into :D )