Kitchen Sink MISSION...

WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I don't know why I'm signing myself up to host another one of these, but here we go...Leave it to me for strange ideas.

Most of our Coin-trading Missions are centered around a Theme or a Holiday or some such Nonsense. This one is a little different...It's all about THE BOX!! Think inside THE BOX.

Presenting...THE BOX...

Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (FRB1) $10.95.......11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (FRB2) $10.95.......13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"

usps_pmc_fro_thb_md2.jpgusps_pmc_fro_thb_md1.jpg

THE BOX is free!

The Shipping rate is flat ($10.95)!

The weight limit is 70 pounds!

Everything else is up to you(within postal regulations).

There is no theme for this Mission. If you can fit it in THE BOX, then you can fit it in the Mission.

Also include TWO Unactivated Trackable Geocoins.

I'm looking for a couple of interesting experimental aspects on this one, just to see what madness we can create.

1. EVERYONE ships on the same day

2. There is no theme except for THE BOX

I don't want to interfere with the Valentine's Mission, so here are some deteils on dates. Please read them carefully

Please sign up by January 31.

You will get your assignment by February 15.

EVERYONE will ship their package on the SAME DAY...February 28.

You will have two weeks to fill THE BOX with whatever you can think of. This should be very interesting to see what kinds of wild things there are. Please make sure that you use one of the two boxes described above, available for free at any US Post Office. Due to postal regulations for flat rate shipping, this Mission will only be available for Cachers with a United States address.

Here's the information that you should send me...

1.Your Caching Name

2.Your Shipping Name and Address

3.Your age range and gender(so they will have ideas on what to send)

Fine Print...

Ok, since this is an experiment of sorts, let's try to keep from getting too wrapped up in seeking lists, special requests and all that. Those things certainly have their place, but this should be a wild and themeless experiment in reckless surprise. I'm hoping to get people who can commit to spending the $10.95 on shipping, and who can commit to shipping their package on the same day(February 28th is a Monday). That should be one of the most interesting aspects of this Mission, since the shipping is 2-3 days, there should be an explosion of Missions Received. Hopefully this will be as fun as I imagine.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

Sounds like Fun!!

Can APO/FPO address be included as well?

This would allow DOD Employees stationed outside of the US to join the mission as well. They still have a US mailing address, but then the package is shipped by the Military to their current location outside of the US.

I certainly wouldn't want to exclude Our Service Members. The goal in that was to keep the $10.70 rate, and the 2-3 day shipping. If the shipping cost is the same, I guess we could live with the delay for those packages.

Sounds like Fun!!

Can APO/FPO address be included as well?

This would allow DOD Employees stationed outside of the US to join the mission as well. They still have a US mailing address, but then the package is shipped by the Military to their current location outside of the US.

I certainly wouldn't want to exclude Our Service Members. The goal in that was to keep the $10.70 rate, and the 2-3 day shipping. If the shipping cost is the same, I guess we could live with the delay for those packages.

Shipping cost should be the same as the same Flat Rate boxes are available at overseas USPS centers.

Last time I was deployed I was receiving packages about a week after shipment, so the delay shouldn't huge.

Maybe if someone is shipping to or from an APO address they could indicate that in their post so that the receiver knows it will take a little longer to reach them.

This mission will be the most fun if we have LOTS of people playing, for the sheer variety it will allow. Please don't be scared off by the size of THE BOX. It's not a monster. One of these could be filled to the brim without even spending much money, or maybe none at all. There's nothing that says the stuffing needs to be expensive, or even new for that matter. Haha, I think I have a couple of boxes of Tile that didn't sell at the moving sale.

How about making delivery confirmation a requirement also?

Looking at a Med. flat rate box right now.. I think I'm gonna set a personal goal of 30 pounds of crap... I mean treasures. :grin:

I agree, Delivery confirmation. I always send it that way. Can it be done for the soldiers?

Email sent: 1/1/2010

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

Looking forward to this mission.

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

I'm looking forward to this mission.

Wow you both went back a whole year and then sent your email. lol ;)

Edited by mpilchfamily

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

Looking forward to this mission.

Name received:

Mission sent:

Mission received:

I'm looking forward to this mission.

Wow you both went back a whole year and then sent your email. lol ;)

Well, I never was to good at keeping track of the new year LOL

email sent 1/6/2011

ALL Packages MUST be sent out on February 28th

with the two unactivated geocoins and

that priority box filled and to mail is going to cost

11.70 WITH delivery confirmation.

Just a little FYI so you don't get stuck again.

I'm not being mean, just making sure you read the whole story.

happy Holidays

email sent 1/6/2011

You dont know me so don't call me out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

email sent 1/6/2011

ALL Packages MUST be sent out on February 28th

with the two unactivated geocoins and

that priority box filled and to mail is going to cost

11.70 WITH delivery confirmation.

Just a little FYI so you don't get stuck again.

I'm not being mean, just making sure you read the whole story.

happy Holidays

I'm starting to get a bad taste in my mouth that's interfering with my Coffee Break. Please let's keep ourselves from ruining this Mission. It's not too late to turn this car around and go back home.

Edited by WRITE SHOP ROBERT

I have found myself recklessly dropping surprise items into a Flat Rate Box left over from the holidays. So it probably a good idea to go ahead and sign up for this mission. Sounds like fun!

Sing-up E-mail Sent by Sinker: January 7, 2011

Arrival Date for Name of Sinkee:

1 Medium Kitchen Sink Mission Box Shipped:

Incoming Mission Box Arrival:

Since this thread is ready to fall to page 2, Any Chance we could get our names a little early???

Would like to know if I get a man or a woman.

It'll make a difference as to what to send..... Playgirl vs Playboy!!!!! LOL

Opalsns

I'm imagining that you will cut out the articles and just send those, right?? As with all things Geo, this should be family friendly, but of course I didn't say that in the rules. Anyway...I know that I announced this maybe a lot earlier than I should have for the Feb. 28 shipping date, but I'd really like to stick to the timeline we have already. That will give everyone plenty of chances to think and re-think what goes in The Box. If you're getting antsy, feel free to send me a box of whatever(seperate from the mission)!!

....Think inside THE BOX.

Presenting...THE BOX...

Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (FRB1) $10.95.......11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box (FRB2) $10.95.......13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"

usps_pmc_fro_thb_md2.jpgusps_pmc_fro_thb_md1.jpg

THE BOX is free!

The Shipping rate is flat ($10.95)!

The weight limit is 70 pounds!

Have to admit, not joining this mission, as from here, I really don't understand or comply.

Box is NOT free for me.

Postage of a box that size would be $30 to $45 - ouch!

You will have two weeks to fill THE BOX with whatever you can think of. This should be very interesting to see what kinds of wild things there are. Please make sure that you use one of the two boxes described above, available for free at any US Post Office. Due to postal regulations for flat rate shipping, this Mission will only be available for Cachers with a United States address.

Hi Butterfly_lady -

I added the bold in WSR's original mission explanation above. US residents can get the flat rate box free and if we ship it inside the US the cost is $10.95. Same box shipped internationally is from US is $45.50.

I wish it weren't so expensive to ship internationally because I would love to get a box from you. Your missions are also so cool!!

Edited by Toojin