Maps oregon 450

agsanford

Hello.

I bought my son an oregon 450 for Christmas instead of the 450t because I read many posts that said to buy the 450 and download free maps. My problem is that I am unable to find garmin mapsource for free. Is it no longer available to download without buying one of their maps first?

We are excited to get started and went out today and discovered we would like some of the topt maps as we were in a forested hilly lake area. We did not find the cache but had a lot of fun and discoverd that there are about 20 within walking distance of our house:)What a great way to get out of the house!

thanks!

A

Edited by agsanford

Hi, just joined and just bought the 450 myself. Mine came with the full GB os maps but the same maps are available from this ebay seller at a very reasonable price. Not free but very cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320636514651&ssPageName=ADME:B:SMWBN:GB:1348#ht_2934wt_1139

UK maps can be found on the Talky Toaster thread in the UK and Ireland forum... And they are FREE!