Garmin 62s

G & E

Okay I took the Garmin 62s out for some caching today and brought my trusty 60CSx along just to make sure there were no problems. When I eventually found the cache I tried to indicate it was found but it would not accept the found button on when I go to view geocache and then "found". I remember reading here that somebody else when to "log attempt" and then found. That seems to work.

I should have the latest firmware so is this a problem yet to be fixed by Garmin or is this unique to my machine?

By the way, is there anyway to keep the screen on a little longer when in battery save mode? It seems to go off after about five seconds or so. I would like 30 seconds. I know the light gives you options for time out but how about the battery save?

Your help is much appreciated.

Once you are navigating to a geocache you need to hit MENU>View Geocache>Log Attempt>Found. Based on your description I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do -- are you hitting the "FIND" button? If so, that button is for a different purpose, it brings you to a menu that allows you to select your destination.

To change the screen timeout go to Setup>Display>Backlight Timeout>30 seconds.

GO$Rs

Once you are navigating to a geocache you need to hit MENU>View Geocache>Log Attempt>Found. Based on your description I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to do -- are you hitting the "FIND" button? If so, that button is for a different purpose, it brings you to a menu that allows you to select your destination.

To change the screen timeout go to Setup>Display>Backlight Timeout>30 seconds.

GO$Rs

I think I see my mistake. When I hit Menu View Geocache, one of the options is "found". That gives a list of found caches, it doesn't mark them as found. So I will try to follow what you are suggesting and do the log attempt and found as that seems to work.

As for the screen time out, I'll have to have another look. I thought that there was just the battery save option on or off and the rest was for the light. This is so different from my 60CSx.