Changing username effects logs?

BigBerniBaer

Yes, if you change your user name on gc.com then all your previously logged caches will show your new name.

Your friends links stay the same (with the new name) and people will see your new name in their friends lists.

You don't have to do anything else - unless perhaps if you use the GSAK database when you might have to change the way it identifies your logs.

We changed our name a few months back and there were no problems in the site applying the name change across all our previous activities, lists, trackables etc.

Hope that helps reassures :)

you can change your username again? I thought they disabled that?

I set up a username recently, which had special symbols. This caused some problems with this new forum software. So I changed it. The problems remain.

So to answer both yours and the Op's posts: You can change your username by visiting your account profile. But the features you had stay the same (even any glitches).

I just signed up yesterday but I decided to change my name. But, now that it is changed to "soapballs" it is still is using my old name which is "Winger boys" on the forum here...does anyone know how to have it changed on the forum too? My username now is soapballs but it still is saying Winger boys...silly maybe but I would like everything to match you know???

Edited by Winger boys

I just signed up yesterday but I decided to change my name. But, now that it is changed to "soapballs" it is still is using my old name which is "Winger boys" on the forum here...does anyone know how to have it changed on the forum too? My username now is soapballs but it still is saying Winger boys...silly maybe but I would like everything to match you know???

Actually it looks fine to me.

The page may be cached in you browser... Refresh the page.